Top 5 Acts

kingcrawler

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Fuck me I just watched the Kate Tempest set on iplayer. Floods of tears. 

A part of me is glad I wasn't there. I'm not sure how I would have gone on to see anything after that, I would have been a mess. 

I went from there to Future Islands, and just found it really flat tbh. Which is a shame as everyone else seems to have thought they had a great set, maybe KT just put my head in the wrong place!

I thought Thundercat into Badbadnotgood was brilliant. While on the subject of BBNG can anyone tell me who the guy in the banana suit who came on dancing with them is? Is he an actor? I'm sure he was on Ripper Street when I came through the door on Monday night, although with sleep deprivation and spending 9 hours in my car that could of been anyone.

Alright let's do this.

1. Radiohead

U already know. It was Radiohead. Bloody perfect.

2. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

My love for these guys has continually shot up over the couple years since I first caught them on the Park, and catching them three times definitely made them one of the definitive acts of my festival. Spectacular every time but the JP set would probably be my favourite - though that may have had something to do with how spectacularly fucked I was.

3. Metronomy

Just a non-stop party, and even their more chilled out songs absolutely go off. Loved their set and reckon I ultimately made the right choice going to the JP that night (sorry Justice!).

4. Run the Jewels

Colossal set and sticking yer man Jezza on there definitely brought the hype up. Just wish I'd got one of those bandanas!

5. Angel Olsen

Tough choice filling the last last slot but I've gone with Angel over the other likely contenders (Father John, Phoenix, National) simply because of how surprised I was by how great her performance was. Chilled out, but her and her band sounded bloody excellent. 'Sister', a track I'd not paid much attention to previously, was a surprise highlight for me.

I was a bit surprised there was no Kate Tempest thread, so I had a search. Glad to find I wasn't the only one absolutely blown away by her set. In over 40 years of going to gigs I've never witnessed anything so powerful and moving. Nor as angry to be honest. I didn't know anything about her and only watched because I happened to be there when she started, so didn't realise it wasn't really a music gig, but my god it beat the living crap out of any 'angry' act I've seen before.

There are no other 4 acts that held a candle to it.

5 minutes ago, musky said:

I was a bit surprised there was no Kate Tempest thread, so I had a search. Glad to find I wasn't the only one absolutely blown away by her set. In over 40 years of going to gigs I've never witnessed anything so powerful and moving. Nor as angry to be honest. I didn't know anything about her and only watched because I happened to be there when she started, so didn't realise it wasn't really a music gig, but my god it beat the living crap out of any 'angry' act I've seen before.

There are no other 4 acts that held a candle to it.

She was bloody terrifying! Just pure, articulate fury.

1) Radiohead 

Probably the best live show I will ever see. Street Spirit. Paranoid Android, Fake Plastic Trees and Let Down were highlights of the set for me. 

2) The XX 

My surprise act of the weekend, I just knew I was in for something from the outgo of their set. 

3) Chic 

The true legend slot of Glastonbury 2017 for me, brilliant atmosphere and was a highlight of the entire festival. 

4) BadBadNotGood 

Brilliant musicians, really blew my mind. A real sense of being completely free whilst dancing throughout the entire set.

5) Foo Fighters 

Having grown up on Foos it was a complete nostalgia trip. Not the best I've seen them but Dave still knows how to entertain and have the crowd completely under his control.