Top 5 Acts

kingcrawler

In no order:

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - incredible performance with a top notch atmosphere to boot, absolutely nailed it. Such energy!

Royal Blood - didn't put a foot wrong, had the whole field going

The Killers - not a massive fan but decided to stick around after Frank Carter, so glad I did, felt like the crowd would blow the lid off the tent

Slaves - blew off the Sunday morning cobwebs well, did a great job with a less than favourable slot

Run The Jewels - was down the front for this one, just went off big time, did not disappoint!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one undoubtedly Kate Tempest. For me that was hands down one of the most hypnotic performances I've seen at Glastonbury, never mind this year. 

After that, in no particular order:

Foo Fighters - knew it would be fun but they sounded a lot better than I expected and looked like they were having a blast

Mik Artistik at CN Bandstand on Wednesday afternoon - finally got round to seeing him and it was perfect. First singalong of the weekend to Sweet Leaf

Songhoy Blues - again, just having so much fun on stage and it was infectious!

Lemon Twigs - didn't really have any expectations as I hadn't listened to them much, but I thought they were bloody good!

Honourable mentions to Justice, Hacienda Classical, House Gospel Choir, Carter Sampson and Skinny Lister.

Now that the dust has settled and I've had time to think, my top 5 are....

Justice

The XX

Radiohead 

Stormzy 

Royal Blood 

Have to say the best 3-4 hours of the festival were actually spent in The Temple dancing to some excellent Drum and Bass on Saturday night. Went early (after Stormzy) so probably got there about 10.30-11ish. Was going off in there. 

Best thing I saw all weekend was an elderly couple, in their late 60s/early 70s skanking away for hours. The old lady had her walking stick in the air and all sorts. 

Warpaint - on the second row, surrounded by other big fans singing every word, and had such a good time. Brilliant saturday night. Caught sight of myself on the footage a few times too ha.

Radiohead - bang centre in the pit and loved it. Will post further thoughts in the Radiohead thread.

Well thats my definite top 2. Will have to have a think about the rest!

Radiohead  (down near front to see the hits)

Metronomy ( small crowd for jp headliner but could get good spot and Tent was buzzing.

Run the jewels

The xx

Sasha and wigweed

Didn't see a bad act to be fair. 

Also really enjoyed the national (big fan but bit too many new ones for short slot)

king gizzard,  moonlandimgz,  courteeners,  wild beasts

1. Radiohead - I feel like most of the people who didn't enjoy them wouldn't have enjoyed any set. Realistically it was as good as I thought it could have been set wise, just Reckoner in for Creep! Surely no one thought they were going to play The Bends in full...

2. The Killers - Got down before Frank Carter and quite near the front. Atmosphere was electric, band were fantastic.

3. Stormzy - Enjoyed way more than I expected. Guy has a lot of stage presence, was pretty captivating I thought!

4. Future Islands - I wish they had been on before Foos not RH, as I went off a bit early and snuck in when people were leaving the XX. Great atmosphere, great front man. 

5. Maggie Rogers - Not sure about the Spice Girls cover but loved the Neil Young one! Great sound, great atmosphere. Just what I needed early on Sat.

Special mention for Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, not been interested since Gallows but that was a great set and won loads of people over.

(John Peel was awesome).

Saw some incredible acts over the weekend. My top 5 would be as follows:-

1 - Foo Fighters - Full on 2 hour singalong. DG is such a likeable fella.

2 - Sasha (Unfairground) - Was in a fairly high place at this point and this old school minimal tech set was superb.

3 - Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - My brother dragged me over to the JP for this, I'd never heard of them. Thought they were bloody great. FC owned that tent.

4 - Justice - I was starting to flake as Justice started so probably didn't get the most out of this at the time. However, they finished off my festival in style.

5 - Craig David - Can't quite believe I'm writing this. But its true, CD on Saturday afternoon was so much fun.

Hacienda, Blossoms, Layo & Bushwacker (Glade), Liam, Ride and Dizzie were also great. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

Saw some incredible acts over the weekend. My top 5 would be as follows:-

1 - Foo Fighters - Full on 2 hour singalong. DG is such a likeable fella.

2 - Sasha (Unfairground) - Was in a fairly high place at this point and this old school minimal tech set was superb.

3 - Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - My brother dragged me over to the JP for this, I'd never heard of them. Thought they were bloody great. FC owned that tent.

4 - Justice - I was starting to flake as Justice started so probably didn't get the most out of this at the time. However, they finished off my festival in style.

5 - Craig David - Can't quite believe I'm writing this. But its true, CD on Saturday afternoon was so much fun.

Hacienda, Blossoms, Layo & Bushwacker (Glade), Liam, Ride and Dizzie were also great. 

Sasha was great, Digweed was decent in Spaceport Friday too, would love to see them both back in 2019

1. Flaming Lips (The most fun Ive ever had at a gig. Like being slapped with a dollop of love for 90 mins)

2. Chic (So many hits)

3. Craig Charles (saw all bar 10 mins - fantastic Friday afternoon)

4. Katy Perry (Enjoyed it from start to finish)

5. King Gizzard (Love them)

Gizz would have been higher, but I saw them the week before & they played everything then.

Barry Gibb was also great.

London Grammar - that voice!!! Beautifully haunting

First Aid Kit - love those girls, absolutely ace

Sleaford Mods - had the best time on the barrier, Lord Buckethead had me in stitches

Jacksons - Gone too Soon dedicated to MJ had me blubbering like a baby

The National - despite the number of new songs, really enjoyed it

17 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Beginning to get feeling I missed a classic at Kate Tempest.

You did :)

I'd never seen, heard or read any of her work beforehand.  Couldn't look away for a solid hour, and realised at several points that I was standing with my mouth just hanging open.