Top 5 Acts

kingcrawler

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Undoubtedly Kate tempest number 1. Can't believe it has got so few mentions on here. By the end it was just a field full of weeping people. My partner had to give an older lady a hug at the end after she has sat down to cry

Beyond that:

2. Chic

3. Stormzy

4. Radiohead (took a while to get into it and had to move forward from in between distinterested fans) 

5. Justice

Honourable small stage mentions to Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters (one of the four times I saw him. Two planned. Two not) and Rodney Branigan (long time favourite)

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Frank Carter was awesome. I was dreading it, so just goes to show you should never prejudge. The female crowd surfing piece, and the comments after the big moshpit were just spot on. I know what will happen now though, I'll buy his album and think why the hell did I buy this?!? Great atmosphere he generated though, and it can't have been easy, there must have been a shedload of Killers fans in there.

Buy the first one, closer to the sound he produced live and has got I Hate You on it.

In alphabetical order: Frank Sanazi (Sunday Mavericks set), Future Islands, Hacienda Classical, Mik Artistik, Spencer Jones is The Herbert

Honourable mention to the hugging trolls. I'm not a physical contact kind of person, but the troll I hugged was quite possibly the best hugger I have ever hugged and perfect for a Sunday afternoon.

1. Radiohead - everything I could have hoped for. Unreal. Although surely the most divisive Pyramid headline set in recent history. My mates were split 50/50 on amazing/shit.

2. Chic - great fun. So many hits

3. Everything Everything - incredible atmosphere in that tent

4. Jon Hopkins - awesome set. I've never been so close to the spider. Also experienced my first metamorphosis show after. Insane stuff.

5. Justice - didn't really know much of the stuff, but it sounded fantastic. Great end to the festival.

Pretty much everything I saw was great though. The xx, Run the Jewels, Sampha and British Sea Power could all easily have been in there.

1 Flaming Lips - reckon everyone who saw this will have it in their top five. Incredible, emotional, life-affirming, pure joy. And best Bowie cover of my festival

2 Future Islands - I danced start to finish. Great performance and crowd. 

3 Foos - consummate festival band. Timed my beer run to coincide with the half hour lull in the middle, which was a stroke of luck. 

4 Avalanches - party. Only downside was the didn't have the screens on, so the wife couldn't see anything despite only being a few rows back. Love the personality of the West Holts crowd. 

5 - Chic - Start to finish discofest. Joyous good fun. 

Glass Animals, Justice, Royal Blood were all ace. Enjoyed Rag and Bone Man for his reactions, bottom lip acquiver at anything by the that point. In fact, amazing I didn't bawl at Bazza or Niles. Didn't see a bad band all weekend.