Top 5 Acts

kingcrawler

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Gutted I missed Anderson mate. Take it he impressed.

A few mic issues, but overall it was one for the history books. We did pop by Dizzee later and hit right in the sweet spot while he was doing the hits, I bobbed along to that not too vigourously while I enjoyed my No Bones Jones, Radio and the lads could learn a thing or two from him.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You too pal. My only complaint is that is flew by far too quickly for my liking, I woke up this morning ready for another 5 days.

Think this may have been the first time I'd gone to a festival and not had an inkling of 'Kind of looking forward to going home'. Could do it all over again right now. Such a fun year.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think this may have been the first time I'd gone to a festival and not had an inkling of 'Kind of looking forward to going home'. Could do it all over again right now. Such a fun year.

4 hours trapped in the car park was a blessing in disguise this morning, a bit like a mini extension on the fest, daft as that sounds.

1) royal blood - just amazing

2) ed, didn't deserve the slating he apparently got.

3) busted - looked like they were having a great time and field was packed

4) bootleg Beatles - finally got round to seeing them in acoustic tent, didn't disappoint.

5) to be honest the rest of people/ bands we saw were OK or as expected, not stand out. Foo Fighters, Dave just needed to shut up yapping. 

I went in thinking Shaggy was going to one of my highlights, but was biggest disappointment, maybe just the sound issues and not his fault.

1. Radiohead

2. Kate Tempest

3. Beans on Toast

4. Ryley Walker's 30 minute jam in the Crows Nest

5. Foo Fighters

Honourable Mentions: The XX, King Gizz, The Moonlandingz

Watching Flaming Lips on iPlayer right now.  Why oh why did that have to clash with Radiohead?

Radiohead

The XX

Royal Blood

Foo Fighters

Metronomy

As you can tell my Friday night was wonderful. Probably the best trio of acts I've ever seen at Glastonbury. 

Special shout out to Nothing But Thieves who put down a fantastic set on the Friday to kick things off. 

In no particular order:

1. The xx. I really expected them to be boring but they really held their own and the set was stunning. Future headliners for sure. 

2. Napalm Death. To attract such a crowd at a festival like this (okay, people were leaving throughout but that's expected) is something to be proud of, the crowd was nuts and they looked like they were having an ace time. 

3. Mike Skinner & Murkage. The rumshack was a sweaty bouncing hotbox. Didn't expect Mike to come out and do vocals on Fit But You Know It + Weak Become Heroes so that was incredible. Banger after banger after banger. 

4. Glass Animals. I've loved this band for a very long time but this was the first chance I had to see them. Loved the amount of people trying to crowdsurf on those inflatable pineapples, it was just great fun. 

5. The Killers. I'm not really a fan but I knew every song and that was probably the loudest crowd and best atmosphere I've been amongst in that tent. When the cloth was removed from the big light up K I've never heard anything as loud!

other honourable mentions go to The Jackson's, BBK, Stormzy, Frank Carter, The Cosmics, Royal Blood, Radiohead, King Gizzard and Thurston Moore. So hard to pick 5. The only bad set I saw was Shaggy on the Gully. 

1. Radiohead - just the perfect set. 10/10. Maybe if I was further back the screens and the people talking may have affected that a lot though.

2. Chic - Nile Rogers knows how to bring it. Only sad thing was an hour wasn't long enough. Saw them at the Sydney Opera House a few years back and they ran through so many more songs. 

3. Justice - was the right level of fucked up for it. Great set. 

4. The XX - didn't think they'd manage the big stage well but they hit it out of the park. Loved their Other Stage set in 2013 but that was in the dark and more catered for their own fans as it was quite mellow. They needed something very different and they provided it.

5. Ho99o9 - Had no idea about these guys, my friend advised us to see them so we queued up. The Earache Express was an incredible stage and at that time it felt like the only place to be at the festival. Not even the sort of thing I'd usually go for but experiences like that are what Glasto is all about.

Honourable mentions - Royal Blood, Avalanches, Moderat, Barry Gibb, First Aid Kit, British Sea Power

They aren't really in any order because my favourite set keeps changing in my brain, but these are the five that keep bringing me waves of joy - and probably will for some time to come:

Flaming Lips

Justice

Kate Tempest

Barry Gibb

Goldfrapp