• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strong year.  Here are mine:

1. Everything Everything
2. Killers
3. Justice
4. Radiohead
5. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (not my usual music taste at all, but no one there that day will ever forget the gig, let alone the number of female crowd surfers that I had to pass to the security guards as I was at the front - if you were there, you will know)

1. Radiohead
2. Foo Fighters (despite the many faults with their set, I just had a really great time, so maybe not a top 5 act, but definitely the most I enjoyed myself (after Radiohead).
3. Margo Price
4. King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
5. Justice

Honestly didn't see a bad act all weekend. Some were better than others, but they were all thoroughly enjoyable. Have never felt so glad to have a ticket as I did this year.

1. Foo fighters

2. Royal Blood (would be top any other year)

3. Killers

4. Paul Carrack

5. Liam Gallagher

Didn't see a bad set. Radiohead is not my thing so I left but it was atmospheric. Lorde I had a terrible spot for so sound was crap, not her fault but allowed me to catch the xx. 

Edited by Heather90

From my sofa viewpoint:

1. Anderson .Paak

2. HAIM

3. London Grammar

4. Lorde

5. Jamie Cullum

Honourable mentions to Stormzy, Chic, FJM, Kano, Glass Animals, and also The Jacksons for still persisting with the hilarious synchronised boyband dance moves at the average age of 63.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Radiohead.  

Keifer Sutherland (yes really! He and his band are really good and had a great time on stage!)

Foo Fighters

Mik Artistik (saw him in theatre field and at The Bandstand on the same day). Funky band, funny man!

Dreadzone

Plus Jeremy Corbyns speech in Left Field. Was great to be there, close to him and believe in hope once again. 

1. Phoenix

2. The Avalanches

3. Father John Misty

4. Canalon De Timbique (stumbled across them!)

5. Boy Better Know

I wish I could have got into Radiohead more, being a massive Radiohead fan... Just wasn't as good for me as 03! (Might have had something to do with the fact that none of the group I was with wanted to see them). Happy they played Let Down and FPT though!

Honourable mentions to Shaggy, Craig David, The Smyths and Orchestra Baobab. And Don Letts and Jeremy Corbyn! (Had a lump in my throat so I did)

Edited by foreignrifles