bsolxiv

Download full sets from iplayer

Has anyone managed to download any on mac? Can't get get_iplayer to work on mine.

It's Get iPlayer Automator, which I think is a different system to the Windows one. It says "Unknown: PID  not found" when I input the PID. It did the same last year IIRC.

Have you tried disabling the cache?

https://github.com/GetiPlayerAutomator/get-iplayer-automator/issues/620

17 minutes ago, Bradders said:

It's Get iPlayer Automator, which I think is a different system to the Windows one. It says "Unknown: PID  not found" when I input the PID. It did the same last year IIRC.

I have trouble setting up get_iplayer with Homebrew on macOS. When I add Homebrew's command line to Terminal it asks me to input my password to approve changes made to the system but won't actually let me type it in. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Edited by rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

I have trouble setting up get_iplayer with Homebrew on macOS. When I add Homebrew's command line to Terminal it asks me to input my password to approve changes made to the system but won't actually let me type it in. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Have you tried using sudo?

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you tried using sudo?

Got it, cheers though! 

Welcome to my get_iplayer technical support, where I make useless suggestions, only for the person with the problem to sort themselves out!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Im clueless with the download. Ive downloaded the zip for get iplayer but its asking me what program I want to run get_iplayer with. is there no install file? 

4 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Im clueless with the download. Ive downloaded the zip for get iplayer but its asking me what program I want to run get_iplayer with. is there no install file? 

Do you know how to unzip things?

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you know how to unzip things?

Unzipped but they dont seem to have a file type. Just says get_iplayer ------------- file ------------ 328kb, no .exe or anything. 

Im an elderly Luddite with these things, and have not a clue with programming or command lines. Ive got a mac. Must be a simpler programme surely ?!? Can't make Head or tail of the files Ive downloaded. No app files !

All bloody month to download them and I'm scrabbling around in the last 2 hours :lol:

27 minutes ago, Keithy said:

All bloody month to download them and I'm scrabbling around in the last 2 hours :lol:

Just wait until tomorrow - "has anyone got the...". This thread is going to be to of the first page for the next couple of weeks!

43 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you seen episode 2 of Game Of Thrones yet?

Nope.