F*cked people 2017

Matt42

Me and a mate helped a bloke out on Friday night near the Other stage at about 1am who was trying to make his way back to his tent. He knew where he needed to go, he just physically couldn't stop his body from being as horizontal as possible. All he kept saying was "this hill is fucking steep" - we were on the dead flat walkway. 

We also lost a mate in SE corner Sunday night who it turned out had done a shitload of ket. Eventually found him face down in a bush on the hill up to the railway line from block9. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Campervan East Tuesday, Phill, who was mashed, looking for his phone but couldn't tell anybody. Turns out he'd sat with a group, took a beer from their bucket, put his phone on the table and the folks there removed all phones in case one went missing only realising 3-4 hours later what had happened, by which time Phill was coming round a little. Nice guy I expect :)

Apparently the litterpickers couldn't get in to the middle of the Stone Circle on Sunday morning to clean up because it was being 'occupied' by some people who may or may not have taken some substances that may or may not have made them think they were kings of the castle... :D

3 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Apparently the litterpickers couldn't get in to the middle of the Stone Circle on Sunday morning to clean up because it was being 'occupied' by some people who may or may not have taken some substances that may or may not have made them think they were kings of the castle... :D

Haha, this is amazing- really wish I been there!

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

At one point during the end of Radiohead's set, I was convinced the Pyramid atop the Pyramid Stage was sliding down and about to fall off. Was about to alert the people beside me to this fact, before I realised I standing to the side of it and that's how it would be projected. I then thought about angles for about 5 minutes and how utterly bewitching they are. The right level of fucked.

Love this! Found myself doing similar many a time, just the right level :D

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I would have been fucking pissing myself if id been witness to that sounds like one of those epic moments

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

This shout out goes to the guy behind me for Moderat and Justice he ws the only person within eye shot who was as fucked as me. He bouneded over gave me a hug and a shot of baileys. we waved at each other for the whp two sets.

you sir are a legend,

Pretty sure that was my husband! It was sambucca and Bailey's btw. He says you're a legend too.

3 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Pretty sure that was my husband! It was sambucca and Bailey's btw. He says you're a legend too.

true diamond that gent...... he's a keeper, and it was Sambuca and Baileys I remember now. we really enjoyed Moderat more than anyone else in that field

i finally managed to stop dancing this morning, when i realized I was bouncing around to the pulse that i could hear in my head.

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

oh ffs i was definitely one of them

Goldie drunkenly terrorising DJs on the Gas Tower on Friday night made me laugh. Rewinding tunes, taking over the decks, getting on the mic, generally making a massive drunken nuisance of himself. He's got form for that sort of thing, but to see it in the flesh was something to behold. At one point there were like 10 blokes in the booth trying to hold him back and yet he still managed to break free and rewind the tune, again.

Funny thing was that most people in the crowd were also wasted enough that they just carried on dancing, seemingly completely oblivious to it all.

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

You didn't happen to be stood in front of the sound stage did you? Sure I saw a guy with a big bottle of baileys, someone had some poppers and somebody else was talking about how he likes picking up sticks?

A guy carrying his buddy on his shoulders during Radiohead, swaying uncontrollably as they ambled about at the back. Dude introduced himself as Josh and asked how he looked. I lied and said 'strong and stable' - they both found this hilarious and wandered off chanting 'strong and stable, strong and stable!' as they continued to sway and fall backwards and forwards, took about 10 paces and dropped his mate straight on his ass.

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

You didn't happen to be stood in front of the sound stage did you? Sure I saw a guy with a big bottle of baileys, someone had some poppers and somebody else was talking about how he likes picking up sticks?

No that must have been someone else, we were to the rear of the sound stage, and definitely no poppers!

Friday was uneventful until I got to Arcadia at which point I threw a massive whitey and had to sit on the grass in a completely useless state for ages - I do remember a KLF track being played and making a feeble attempt to get up and boogie along that resulted in a face-plant into the grass and a couple of friendly folk helping me up to my feet.

I also remember being at the Engine room on Saturday night. Must have been on auto-pilot as the last thing I remember was smoking a blunt at West Holts just as the Jacksons went off. So apologies if I bimbled into anyone en-route.

Nothing to do with getting through an Oz of weed, 20 cans of cider and half a bottle of rum (plus whatever I bought from the bars) to myself over the weekend.

haven't read the topic but did anyone else see the couple dressed in Trump gear? They looked for real, not costumes. They both had their make america great again caps and the guy was wearing a bandara around his neck, with an american flag sleveless shirt, and  american flag shorts. I saw them during The Pretenders. I thought they might have gone to the wrong festival by mistake.