Your (potentially) Contraversial Changes to Glasto

One Tonne Baby

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Stop selling cheap disposable camping equipment on site, no wonder loads of it gets left behind. Pre inflated air beds... With no bag to take home as cheap as chips and there must be so many now in landfill :-( 

Can't agree with this one, as our rather lovely airbed got a puncture on the 2nd night and we couldn't work out where the hole was so bought an air bed from the shop.. both came home with us

I think those shops are necessary at times tbh

11 hours ago, prestonmike said:

After standing in the baking hot sun for 2 hours at gate A on Wednesday i think they could do with adding an extra pedestrian gate on each side of the festival to reduce the queues at the existing gates

we were in it for nearly 6 hours after arriving at Pink at 6.30am, got heat stroke as a result and didn't really recover until about Saturday :(

41 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah let's exclude a certain group of people but of course only if it doesn't include you. Get fucked. All 3 years I've been under 21, I dunno who you think you are saying I shouldn't have been allowed to go.

i totally agree, but less emotively, festival is all about the new breed thats the future of the country not just us older duffers ... rational  arguments needed though ... I met someone over the festival who worked in Nuclear power industry and I very much disagreed with his views but I listened so to obtain knowledge and thought to help me in future .. ranting and swearing on a forum won't help your case for youngsters however strongly you disagree ... but your views are totally correct 

Let's just raise every single walkway 10 ft into the air.  "Glastonbury expressway"

I hate missing something because I'm stuck in a load of people seeing the stupid thing I don't want to see. 

Also we should install a giant dome they can close over the whole site to prevent rain/mud in the future. This year was way too easy. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

i totally agree, but less emotively, festival is all about the new breed thats the future of the country not just us older duffers ... rational  arguments needed though ... I met someone over the festival who worked in Nuclear power industry and I very much disagreed with his views but I listened so to obtain knowledge and thought to help me in future .. ranting and swearing on a forum won't help your case for youngsters however strongly you disagree ... but your views are totally correct 

Fair point mate. I just think it's one thing to suggest banning kids from attending (that's something I disagree with but I can kind of understand someone making a case for it), but to ban literal adults from the festival is an insane suggestion. I'm sure OP went out and enjoyed themselves before they turned 21, but hey now they're past that age let's ban people that age from doing so.

7 hours ago, cazzatron said:

Mostly that the food for a fiver scheme should be an actual meal - not just cheesy chips. I didn't see anywhere that had a 'meal' for the price but could have missed it?

(Except obviously the food with donation at Hare Krishna)

We had 2 excellent meals for a fiver

one on the drag from other to beat hotel it was any pasty, chips beans or peas which was  just what I needed at the time

2nd one was at Soulful stew a regular pot of one of their creations that came with rice or mixed grains - the pot size was more than enough and they were really tasty, went there twice actually

Reassess the size/placement of silver Hayes, I was camped in Bushy ground and the place seemed empty every time I passed through it. Pity as it's a well designed area. 

Always seems to be dance orientated after midnight so I'd rather like an indie/rock area that isn't just a bar.

I'd agree with the views around dance music. Seems to me (and maybe because I'm not really into it) that it is now disproportionately aimed towards that genre.

I never have the desire to go to silver Hayes, nor the inclination for shangri la or Arcadia now I've seen them a few times. I know there's more to those areas than that but the general shift towards that has a an effect of the rest of the festival.

Edited by tombertb

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Can't agree with this one, as our rather lovely airbed got a puncture on the 2nd night and we couldn't work out where the hole was so bought an air bed from the shop.. both came home with us

I think those shops are necessary at times tbh

That's fair enough, but I reckon the majority of the air beds as an example were left behind and inflated. Why not have a hire scheme instead for necessities where you pay a hire fee and a deposit and give your reg number and that would encourage people to return what they hired ... Just a thought 

Odder one, and not sure if mentioned through all these pages, but I'd love it if the shiny programme was sent out before the festival. I didn't really get chance to look at it while I was there (why would you), but it has some cool stuff in it and I might have seen a few more offbeat things or had a chance to listen to a few more bands beforehand.

(not sure if they've done this before, I'm a newbie)

25 minutes ago, tombertb said:

I'd agree with the views around dance music. Seems to me (and maybe because I'm not really into it) that it is now disproportionately aimed towards that genre.

I never have the desire to go to silver Hayes, nor the inclination for shangri la or Arcadia now I've seen them a few times. I know there's more to those areas than that but the general shift towards that has a an effect of the rest of the festival.

Making an indie area or whatever would also diversify the crowds a bit more. Arcadia in particular feels like people are just standing there watching the pretty flames and couldn't care less for the music, and people would probably be less tempted to do that if there was an area dedicated to blasting out naff Kasabian songs or something. Things like that should be a higher priority than finding room for something like Cinemageddon IMO, much as that was a brilliant concept.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:13 PM, Joshuwarr said:

The age thing doesn't make sense. The most trouble caused tends to be from lad culture types aged at least 21, normally! Certainly the idiots camped near us leaving a mess and causing trouble were all around 30.

What I'd change:

- Stricter enforcement of rules/penalties for urinating in bushes.

- More showers

- Open up parts of the tented stages for when its as hot as it was on Wednesday to give people shade

I heard that John Peel was open on Wednesday - don't know if it's rue as I didn't go there though.

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Some toilets around the green fields. Really annoying to be all chilled with a cider to then have to go and walk back down to the rail Road for a wee. 

The stone circle is your friend, my friend. or the junction of pennards and Tipi village. Nip through the hedge and hey presto! 

3 hours ago, brendan84 said:

Will mean higher ticket prices.

I don't quite get this belief that the sky will fall and the world cave in if numbers are reduced. Are there no smaller festivals that survive or something? AFAIK there are plenty that do, and Glasto survived fine before. What is it?