Your (potentially) Contraversial Changes to Glasto

One Tonne Baby

Just got home and let me start by saying that it was my 5th Glasto and my favourite. From the weather, to the acts, to the atmosphere I loved (almost) every moment.

But let me play devils advocate a bit and discuss what 3 changes, in a perfect world, you would make that may or may not be popular.

I'll start:

• Make the festival over 21s only. (please don't kill me)
  • Reduce tickets to 120,000
  • Split up all the late night areas so shangri-la/block 9/unfairground etc...are all in different parts of the site.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, battleborn said:

Apart from reducing the ticket numbers I don't see the point.

The late night areas are likely bunched together for licensing and safety reasons.

Restricting to the festival to U21s denies children a chance to enjoy the festival and teenagers, just seems a bit of a "I don't like young people so ban them" change.

Yeah..thats sort of the point of this thread..i don't expect these to happen, just a bit of fun really.

BTW I'm only 30 so not exactly an old fudger, yet...just noticed in the last few years big groups for 16 year old kids smashed out of their face. I wouldn't say it ruins it for but just a bit of an annoyance.

5 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Make the festival over 21s only. (please don't kill me

This would be awful, the festivals always been popular with teenagers and the festival wouldn't exist in the same way without them, one of my favourite things about Glastonbury is that it caters to so many different age groups.

For me, it would be to ban camping chairs near the front completely, there are plenty of places to sit near the back without it being a safety hazard.

Stop Arcadia letting off the big flames outside of its own show

It's really fucking annoying when you're not there, and even more so when you are there 

Do a worse job at advertising late night performances, particularly the bigger name DJs (Jackmaster, Eats Everything etc.) 

Edited by Alcatraz

2 minutes ago, Cockney_Jesus said:

Also if possible I wouldn't mind the Other Stage area getting some kind of revamp. Feels like it could do with a lot more space.

was actually talking about this with someone the other day, during busy times it can be a nightmare trying to cross the field when theres a big crowd and people queuing up at the stalls, but other than removing the stalls all together, not really sure where they could move them to

The age thing doesn't make sense. The most trouble caused tends to be from lad culture types aged at least 21, normally! Certainly the idiots camped near us leaving a mess and causing trouble were all around 30.

What I'd change:

- Stricter enforcement of rules/penalties for urinating in bushes.

- More showers

- Open up parts of the tented stages for when its as hot as it was on Wednesday to give people shade

Get rid of fallow years.

Move or reposition the other stage, it seems to be the only stage that consistently has severe sound problems due to the wind. They've tried for years to improve it, and they have slightly, but it needs a rethink for 2019. 

Cut the numbers for sure. There are definitely too many people there these days

I very much dislike all the flags in front of the stages but it's not something I would force should I have the chance. Glasto is glasto and putting in restrictions kind of removes abit of the spirit of it all.  

Edited by Aragorn

Put all stages at the bottom of hills like the pyramid so you get a good view all the way up.

get rid of any food stalls I don't like and get more of the ones I do like.

travellator tracks on walk ways to save steps, 20,000 a day is too many

29 minutes ago, milly16 said:

Not have the Sunday day ticket holders 

Ban all chairs at stages. Bloody dangerous with people sat down in the pit through a set 

Ban them in front of the surge barrier but not anywhere else, that's just daft

It would mean higher ticket prices but there's far too many people now, either that or review how many volunteers are needed, some of the small stages have numerous high vizzers in attendance, seems OTT. I also lost count of how many people with performer passes I saw wandering around.

more toilets needed, maybe move some of the numerous compost toilets secreted behind barriers and only for special people areas into public areas.

1 minute ago, Lucy92 said:

Put screens up by the smaller stages like the park stage, Williams green etc. Makes it difficult for us shorties to see! 

and a screen outside John Peel, so the people outside can see when it's too busy to get in the tent i might just be imagining this but i'm sure there used to be one?