What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank carter creating a safe space for female crowd surfers before playing modern ruin (for those who go to their gigs this is normal but it always brings a smile....his speech about how his daughter opened his eyes and we should treat all women like our mother, daughter or sister is so fucking spot on!) I always love seeing the girls who jump up feeling totally safe for once and crowd surf with massive smiles on their faces absolutely loving it .....on the downside such an act shouldn't be necessary and shows the sad state of some blokes attitude to women but at the time its always amazing to see. 

Oh and the moment during napalm death with a couple behind me who had been a bit scared sounding before the set but whod been fucking loving what was obviously their first taste of heavy metal since the first note....the guy turned to the girl and said...`this is better then radiohead will be`.....only for her to reply `yeah!....fuck radiohead!`

Im a radiohead fan myself but the fact napalm got that kind of response out of two obviously non metal fans made me smile inside :)

And talking of frank the moment when some asshole decided to shoot a bottle of piss at him while he was on top of the crowd and frank grabbed it off him and threw the entire bottle right back at him then proceeded to make fun of the `little c**t with the piss who thought he was funny` on stage with banter(rather then just smacking him as he may have done early into gallows career).....karma is always worth smiling at

Not read all the way through so might've already been brought up, but being able to just sit down. Anywhere. Almost all of the time. Just being able to go get a pint and sit on the hill in between acts on the Park was a total joy. I knew I missed it last year but didn't realise just how much of a difference it makes.

After having practically the perfect festival after a rotten end to 2015 and missing out in 2016. I couldn't lose the smile on my face pretty much after half way through the Foo Fighters set.

Having a back massage on Sunday only kept that smile on my face, it's fixed what has been quite a painful little stupid injury I got from playing golf the week before the festival.

21 hours ago, Pandas said:

This guy at the King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard set.  Honestly, if you are going to crowd surf, then do it with style like this on an inflatable mattress.  Even the security were laughing. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

bahahahaha, thanks so much for sharing this. i was watching this from a few rows back but didn't get any photos. did you also see the guy/gal in the lizard mask up on someone's shoulders going absolutely bananas? was one of the funnier sights of the weekend for me. also one of the sets of the weekend. wanted to catch them at the crow's nest, but was too fucked elsewhere and forgot.

27 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

bahahahaha, thanks so much for sharing this. i was watching this from a few rows back but didn't get any photos. did you also see the guy/gal in the lizard mask up on someone's shoulders going absolutely bananas? was one of the funnier sights of the weekend for me. also one of the sets of the weekend. wanted to catch them at the crow's nest, but was too fucked elsewhere and forgot.

No i didn't see the mask, sounds great.  It was a mad Sunday in the JP tent.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:48 PM, rubenz said:

Lord Buckethead on the park stage!

His little speech before was gold. Going on about removing all the Tory politicians and then "when we do, we take...... the PISS"!

Has anyone found a video of this? All of it? I can only find the intro to the Sleaford Mods.

All I can find

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/lord-buckethead-makes-surprise-glastonbury-appearance-introduce/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Edited by The Nal

16 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

The suggestion that someone made to bring things to give away was amazing. I managed to forget the box of glowsticks I had bought at my tent until Sunday night but as soon as the sun went down I was determined to give them away to people.

Had so many special moments with people and made more friends that night than any other. One of the stand out moments was in Shangri-La, one of the fire stewards was looking tired and lonely at a tent entrance. Gave her some glowsticks to cheer her up and the look on her face was amazing.

Next time I'm not bringing 100, going to get 3 boxes of them and share them all :D

I'm pretty sure that you gave our group some glowsticks in the SE Corner on Sunday night!  It was well appreciated!

My Shelter bar training had really emphasised that Mendip Council are very hot on licensing laws and can watch us from a distance or send in underage or overly drunk acting mystery shoppers to see if they get served. If you mess up, you can be arrested on the spot. As a Social Worker this is the kind of thing I could actually get struck off for, and I got even more nervous when the bar manager pulled me up early in my first shift for serving someone without asking for ID when they had already turned him away once.

When a young very hippy couple came in and seemed to be all over the place, I asked them to walk up and down a bit so I could see if they were sober enough for me to serve them. They obliged, laughing their heads off. It was all very good humoured but I asked them to drink a cup of water before I gave them their drinks and told them to 'slow down and look after themselves' in a jokey 'ticking off' kind of way. The next customer I went to said 'They were tripping not drunk' and I felt a right idiot because as soon as he said it, it was obvious, I had just been really focussed on not getting into trouble so was only thinking in terms of alcohol.

They came in the next day and I asked them if they'd enjoyed their trip and they laughed. I told them it hadn't occurred to me at the the time and said I hoped I hadn't put a dampener on things for them. They said it had been quite the opposite - they got a lovely warm feeling from the fact that I cared, and was trying to look after them, and they probably did need the water!

On 6/27/2017 at 1:40 AM, MetaKate said:

I brought diffraction glasses. I probably put them on 100 people at various venues. Every person I saw who looked like they were having a great time or an awful time. Usually people looked at me in distrust and tried to refuse. Once they put them on and looked at the lights it was pure joy every time. Kept me smiling every night and also won me a few treats :D

Ooooh, was that you at Jain??

Moving with the crowd leaving the Pyramid Stage after Ed Sheeran towards beat hotel. My Friend proceeded to push us through the crowd to get out of it faster . I continued to say "excuse me, Sorry" out of decency  while passing to which I was stopped by a woman stopped me and  "You are first person I've heard to actually say that the whole time I've been here and not just barge passed without no care" She high fived me and said "Enjoy the rest of your last night!" and left to catch up with my friends. This made me smile, Manners cost nothing people! :) 

On 6/27/2017 at 1:15 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks and I had probably consumed several myself at whatever point ... its all a bit hazy for me too efesters everywhere :) at one point I think there were about 6 say hello in the space of 20 mins near the glade :) hello to you too and thanks for the praise :)

Yes i said hi in a very crowded Spike by the Glade. Not sure what day it was but DJ was playing lots of great 60's funk and soul

Edited by tjamest

Got stopped by a chap in T&C on the Thursday, very sheepishly came up and asked me if I could sell him a joint as it was his first Glastonbury with an old friend from uni, and they hadn't touched it for about 25 years but wanted to let their hair down.

Decided it would be much easier just to give him one of the pre rolls I had on me as a welcome present. He bounced off happy as a clam, was lovely to see someone experience that kind of spirit for the first time :)

A few months or so I posted a post about a friend of mine who died. Her friend not at the festival posted on the the glasto chat facebook page asking for people to take a selfie with a  hashtag #foremma. over 500 people took a picture

If you did it. Thank you very much it meant a lot to her friends.