What made you smile ?

Crazyfool01

What small thing made you guys smile ? Mine was a lovely young lady in Arcadia asked to wear my hat and when I took it off she remarked that I was a really good looking guy under that hat ... I've been a bit down about singleness lately and she really cheered me up so whoever you were thanks it actually meant a lot too me 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike raffone comedy performer on the "pavement riser stage" funniest thing I've seen for ages, his use of the audience and people walking past was so funny, some people are probably still not aware that they starred in the show,

22 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes. They played a great set before the killers and I thought he was fucking hilarious. Thousands of people screaming "i fucking hate you and I wish you would die" :lol:

What a great set that was, empowering speech by the man himself too

42 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Seeing tiny little babies and children having their time of their lives

I think the sun helped us adults but made a huge difference to the kids. I love watching other people's reactions. Saw a couple cute family moments.

Lovely couple with a little girl no older than 3 in the circus who was mesmerised by the act but fighting sleep which made me chuckle. I was doing the same. 

Also stood with a local guy and his daughter who was about 14/15. He told me he was watching Ed for her but given how much he got into it I doubt he was telling the truth! She went on his shoulders for a song and sang every word to every song. Lovely! 

Also a few emotional ones...

Family of mum, dad and daughter right behind the crush barrier for Ed. All crying, hugging and singing to thinking out loud. 

At the front for Paul Carrack and a man in a red bandanna just went to bits for in the living years. Im not sure his mates knew how to help. He was sobbing, legs bucking. I wanted to give him a hug as he clearly had a story to tell about that song. He was smiling and dancing again later in the set though 

Edited by Heather90

6 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I think the sun helped us adults but made a huge difference to the kids. I love watching other people's reactions. Saw a couple cute family moments.

Lovely couple with a little girl no older than 3 in the circus who was mesmerised by the act but fighting sleep which made me chuckle. I was doing the same. 

Also stood with a local guy and his daughter who was about 14/15. He told me he was watching Ed for her but given how much he got into it I doubt he was telling the truth! She went on his shoulders for a song and sang every word to every song. Lovely! 

Also a few emotional ones...

Family of mum, dad and daughter right behind the crush barrier for Ed. All crying, hugging and singing to crying out loud. 

At the front for Paul Carrack and a man in a red bandanna just went to bits for in the living years. Im not sure his mates knew how to help. He was sobbing, legs bucking. I wanted to give him a hug as he clearly had a story to tell about that song. He was smiling and dancing again later in the set though 

Aw :) 

39 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Seeing tiny little babies and children having their time of their lives

I went to kids field on Sunday (I have a 5 year old who has not been with me yet and wanted to scout out the possibility of bringing her along). I actually had a proper cry at the sheer joy on these kids faces in that field. Everyone I saw was having the time of their life - it was a very emotional moment for somwone as hungover as I was (and missing my own sprog).

Talking of little'uns, I hung back during Solange and ended up picking up a drink at the Greenpeace field. There was a tiny little stage there, I don't remember what it was called. There were maybe a dozen or less people watching it.

On stage was what sounded like an amateur group of women doing dodgy covers, but two children were on percussion. It quickly became apparent that pretty much the whole thing was for them. They were having the time of their lives, 'playing Glastonbury', with lots of percussion solos and guest vocals. It was a truly heart warming scene I soaked up for a minute or two before returning to West Holts with a lighter heart and a tear in my eye. 

IMG_3816.JPG

Edited by kalifire

During the Beans on Toast set in left field on Saturday night he told the story of writing a song about two people who had gotten in touch with him to dedicate songs to each other at a gig in Brighton last year and to his surprise they were there! So he got them up on stage and let them dance whilst he played their song and it was incredibly touching. 

Beans was a good lad anyway but shows how much he cares with things like this. 

Watching acts involve kids - from the tiddlers dancing on stage at Craig Charles and at the end of Chic, to the guys who hold the chinese dragon letting a primary school age boy lead them through theatre and circus holding the stick for the dragons head. Memories which will last a lifetime for those children.

Random singalongs - The woman playing a piano on wednesday night near greenfields gathered quite the crowd and we were all belting out the tunes. The 'woahhh, woahhhhh' for foo fighters which clearly blew Dave grohl away. I love the sense of togetherness a good singalong brings about.

Kindness - The couple who showed us to the front of OMG it's the church because they overheard me telling a friend how great it was. Sharing drinks with people you don't know. Also special mention to the Iona community area which saved us on that very hot wednesday, let us hang out in their shaded area, let us sleep in a little tent in there and provided endless cups of water for us (along with great conversation) - we were all very greatful.