Food offer 2017

RickW

There was much discussion about  favourite food vendors that would be missing this year, so I was wondering did anyone make any new discoveries this year and what would be your recommendations for eating on future years?

I found three that I'd recommend, a pretty decent full English was available from the cafe just inside gate A next to the lock up my frazzled brain has forgotten the name, anyone remind me? For lunch it was the Spanish potatoes from " Throughly wild meat co" and for Sunday evening a Toastie from Wyke farms Toms toasties.

I must admit I thought there was a huge choice with all tastes and requirements catered for and the food for a fiver offer saved us lots of money.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Place near pyramid with purple sign that say top Nosh on it I think. Served french sausage with Tartiflette and it was amazing. The Thai place near the Welsh oggie was really good, as was the rotisserie chicken.

Legends cafe in pylon ground however is the most vile food I have ever had, never mind at a festival. The OT took a migraine when we were in and around West Holts on Wednesday night so needed to get back ASAP to Darble. Got her to tent then went and got fish and chips from there and it was absolutely rancid.

Le Rac Shack best grub on site again. 

Had ad a couple of exceptionally good bacon and egg butties from Le Swine with some hash browns on the side.

i normally like Goan Fish Curry, but went yesterday and it was garbage. 

2 hours ago, RickW said:

I found three that I'd recommend, a pretty decent full English was available from the cafe just inside gate A next to the lock up my frazzled brain has forgotten the name, anyone remind me? For lunch it was the Spanish potatoes from " Throughly wild meat co" and for Sunday evening a Toastie from Wyke farms Toms toasties.

You mean the tent with the huge vinyl records hangin' around and a small motorbike on top?

14 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

wasnt one in Acoustic field?

Wake farms were in the Green kids area and Goulds Cheddar from the other side of the fence at Pennards were in the Circus area both selling exceptional toasties.

PK Spice between Pyramid and (I think) Leftfield.  Best Jerk on site bar none.  Massive portions too.  

Goan Fish Curry (regular and kedgeree breakfast)

Mama Falafel (round the corner from Manic Organic - friendly chaps serving all weekend, generous portions, cheap, nutritious, delicious!  (Only went there the three times this year unfortunately)

59 minutes ago, rinzeanne said:

You mean the tent with the huge vinyl records hangin' around and a small motorbike on top?

It was just opposite the entrance a tented cafe serving food all day, it will come to me eventually.

1 hour ago, Prophet6 said:

The squid place near Yeoman's Bridge was good and nice folks serving.

Yes - a bit overpriced for the portion size but absolutely bloody delicious.

I loved the Williams Green paella too - £4 for a 'small' that was plenty big enough!