Food offer 2017

RickW

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a down note i was expecting big things from the gumbo place at williams green but the portion was crap for £8 and it really was quite bland.

currywurst from herman ze german was superb. Pricey for essentially sausage & chips but very authentic.

Crumpet place in avalon was banging, far, far better than strumpets. Teamed with a pennard organic wine!!

shout out to pura vida mexican in the park, probably some of the only food onsite that was approaching fair value for money in terms of price:portion size & also tasty.

Everything is just so expensive these days & quality & size is so variable. Feel like you need to watch other ppl get their food to see what the finished product is before comitting

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

Burger Bear, Block 9

The best burger you will ever eat. 

Interesting! I was contemplating it but i think i was so enraged that it wasnt voodoo rays i didnt use them on principle lol! 

Worst food of weekend i was flagging sunday night and paid £4 for a small ish cone of poor quality obviously bog standard pre-frozen fries from the indian place in block9. Grim.

Edited by Memory Man

Eat the Farm, burger place on strip from WH to L'field. I'd not eaten there before but definitely my food highlight, I don't even go for burgers that often. Wed morning I was in the area and hungry - they had a breakfast burger on and it was fantastic. I made a point of going back for a day-time menu burger just before justice last night - and the burger won highlight of the evening I think , close call though :P 

Found a place selling hot, fresh scotch eggs near the cider bus - bloody fabulous. 

Very good churros from Churro Bros too.

Anyone try the "Chicken Balls" place near the Other Stage?

13 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Yes - a bit overpriced for the portion size but absolutely bloody delicious.

Indeed - seven quid was a bit much. My mate kept telling them they were missing an opportunity by not charging 'Six Squid' - they found it funny the first time...

Food was ridiculously overpriced this year, £8-9 for a burger in some places. £5 for the smallest portion of sweet potato fries I've ever seen at some place behind Stonebridge Bar. £6 for the tiniest, driest lamb kofta pitta in Williams green. There was a good red German sausage tent on the walk from WG towards the marketplace that was £5 for a hotdog, I just ended up going there a few times. 

There was a place at West Holts next door to the B'Bar. Yellow caravan with bright yellow lightbulbs around the outside. It did the most awesome chilli con carne and pulled pork with chips topped with nachos and cheese. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it!

Fuck me, the carrot cake at the Tiny Tea Tent was good.

Burger Bear was amazing and the Asian place to the left of the Other Stage was really good value. Best potato product were the wedges to the left of the Other Stage - so crispy, so good. And I was so happy that I found delicious meaty tacos at the van at Williams Green.

I didn't think much of the crispy squid - my portion wasn't all that crispy.

Squid was the best food of the weekend for me, and all the best food was round the eastern end of the site. 

Ive learnt to avoid the stalls nearest the campsites. Poor pie in the campsite up near Arcadia, lovely one near the pyramid. Stingy burrito near the camping by the Beat Hotel. Much better and more generous one in Silver Hayes. Still think there was better to be had elsewhere though. 

Probably not a new one but I absolutely adored the veggie maki rolls at Williams Green - fake chicken or duck and it tasted fantastic with avo, red pepper etc and a really filling healthy meal for £7.

Also Club Mexicana, the vegan taco place was one I had on my list to try in London so was very pleased it was there. The to-fish tacos were incredible, wanted to try the cheeze fries but at £5 for 3 seemed a tad overpriced.

Not new at all but a mezze plate from the place at the park is a Glasto staple for me

On 26/06/2017 at 4:39 PM, Memory Man said:

I only saw the one cheese truck in shangri la, there used to be 2, so a 2nd location elsewhere. No voodoo rays pizza in block 9 :(

On 26/06/2017 at 7:17 PM, 5co77ie said:

wasnt one in Acoustic field?

Top of Big Ground I think.

4 hours ago, Eddzz!! said:

There was a place at West Holts next door to the B'Bar. Yellow caravan with bright yellow lightbulbs around the outside. It did the most awesome chilli con carne and pulled pork with chips topped with nachos and cheese. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it!

Piggie Smalls? Was really good!

On 26/06/2017 at 5:05 PM, tom22 said:

Le Rac Shack best grub on site again. 

Had ad a couple of exceptionally good bacon and egg butties from Le Swine with some hash browns on the side.

i normally like Goan Fish Curry, but went yesterday and it was garbage. 

Yeah, Goan fish curry has gone downhill.

Used to be the nicest food at the festival 

i had the food for a fiver deal from No Bones Jones and it was ace, fritters and a stew/curry with some other sauces and salad, just what i was after at the time - I had the platter the day before. probably my best food at the festival. really enjoyed quiche from lindas loaf too - about £3.50/£4 for a massive slice with lovely strong mature cheddar.