1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Couple of years ago I saw them at the Genting Arena in Brum. Really put me off them, huge souless venue, and the they were too polished to make it work, felt like I was watching, I dunno, Bryan Adams or something most of the gig. Surrounded by a very casual Radio X type audience I was completely underwhelmed.

I didn't see them in the JP as the time/hassle factor was too much but I think that would have refreshed my interest in them. I remain suprised there is such an appetite for them, but hey, good on them.

Went to this gig as well.  Had a great time.  Not one of there best but wasn't as flat where i was (though i am very rose tinted when it comes to The Killers)

Interesting that this has happened already, before they even have the album out. Evidently all was not well in the Killers household.

Yeah there's a lot of people upset that they've been sold tickets and then been told afterwards Dave isn't going on tour, on top of Mark who they'd already announced is taking a break. So it's half the band. Can't say it'll sound any different to me as long as Brandon is there but it is kinda false advertising. Better to hear the two of them want a break rather than they want out completely, could be worse. 

They've just announced a date at Brixton which I'm gonna find very hard to pass up, although having seen them in the John Peel tent I might be able to hold myself back as that was intimate enough. 

Anyone heard the track Wonderful Wonderful btw? It's nothing amazing but it's good, and I love that they're trying new things after the mostly very safe and bland Battle Born. The Man is still my favourite song of the year and Run For Cover is a good if not straightforward single, the album is shaping up really nicely for me.

So Dave is curly haired guitar guy? I'm sure he'll be missed based more than the bass bloke. No-one misses a bass player (apart from Nikki Sixx, obvs).

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

They've just announced a date at Brixton which I'm gonna find very hard to pass up

I was thinking the same, however, at £68 a ticket i'm not sure i can justify it! 

1 hour ago, watsonjm said:

I was thinking the same, however, at £68 a ticket i'm not sure i can justify it! 

Yeah I'm giving it a miss. Was tempted cos of the thought of rarities, but looking at a similar kind of gig they did at the Koko just before Battle Born came out it was a pretty standard setlist, and I've already got tickets for November. Trekking down to London again for them two months after Hyde Park is a bit much too haha.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The real Victims here are The Killers' fans.

That's actually the name of the fan club, kinda makes me cringe.

Anyone heard Wonderful Wonderful then? I absolutely love it. Probably my favourite album of the year, dunno what it is about this band but they get it spot on for me so often. 

Took me a couple of listens to really like some of it, but The Man, Rut, Life To Come, Run For Cover, Some Kind Of Love, Out Of My Mind and Have All The Songs Been Written are all brilliant. The title track and Tyson vs Douglas are pretty good, and it's just The Calling not doing it for me. Highly recommended, I'll be going to see them in November hoping for them to play pretty much the whole thing, as opposed to the 2012 tour when I wanted maybe 3 or 4 new songs.

33 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Anyone heard Wonderful Wonderful then? I absolutely love it. Probably my favourite album of the year, dunno what it is about this band but they get it spot on for me so often. 

Took me a couple of listens to really like some of it, but The Man, Rut, Life To Come, Run For Cover, Some Kind Of Love, Out Of My Mind and Have All The Songs Been Written are all brilliant. The title track and Tyson vs Douglas are pretty good, and it's just The Calling not doing it for me. Highly recommended, I'll be going to see them in November hoping for them to play pretty much the whole thing, as opposed to the 2012 tour when I wanted maybe 3 or 4 new songs.

Interesting, so far there is probably 2-3 songs i like and probs only one i love (run for cover)  Will give it another listen or two.  I have always been a big fan so will go and see them for the early stuff regardless.  I was really hopeful for this one after The Man and Run for Cover but so far not loving it.

I really want to, but I’m just not feeling Wonderful Wonderful really  

Brandon’s voice is still strong and the band are still sounding tight, it’s just the songs (both lyrically and how they have been arranged) have taken a big dip in quality and are falling short for me. 

It has really exceeded my expectations. With the news about the guitarist not touring etc it didn't send out a lot of good signals, but I'm happy with the results of the album. For me it doesn't have the real high points like a few huge songs from their earliest albums, but it's their only record where i don't want to skip a song. Feels like an album where my favourite tracks will change often. Hope they play most of the songs while touring later in the year but they'll easily have more songs from this on future setlists than battle born provided.  

'Run for Cover' and 'Tyson vs Douglas' are typical high energy Killers songs which will be great live, and Rut is strong too although it took me a good few listens to appreciate it fully. The Calling gives me real Depeche Mode vibes and is probably my favourite right now along with Life to Come/Run for Cover.

Think the slightly slower pace of some of the songs won't suit every fan of the band though, or any fans still wanting another hot fuss or more energy across a whole album. 

Really enjoying this, the new Horrors album and Cut Copy's, as well as the new album from the National. Some good music released recently.