2 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Just about managed to get in the JP for Frank Carter and the crowd/field was already rammed full of Killers fans. Left early for Haim and I was the only one heading in the opposite direction. An endless stream of people stretching all the way to the other stage!

They all looked so excited, and none of them will have got anywhere near the tent.

We watched London Elektricty Big Band in the Glade at the same time, nipped out for a wee half way through and it was such a surreal experience, not a soul anywhere and the toilets completely empty, it was bliss! I did notice one of the LED screens saying the JP stage was closed and not to go near it for at least 60 minutes too.

10 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

We watched London Elektricty Big Band in the Glade at the same time, nipped out for a wee half way through and it was such a surreal experience, not a soul anywhere and the toilets completely empty, it was bliss! I did notice one of the LED screens saying the JP stage was closed and not to go near it for at least 60 minutes too.

Chic got a huge crowd and Haim's looked fairly big on the screens too (I was at the front). The smaller stages must have been struggling for people!

6 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Chic got a huge crowd and Haim's looked fairly big on the screens too (I was at the front). The smaller stages must have been struggling for people!

Yes, their crowd was tiny, shame really but I'm sure they didn't take it personally assuming they knew they were up against 3-4 pretty huge acts.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Even their hits are absolute toilet. Terrible band and would be a dull af booking.

3 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

Ha. It's funny how it's fine for some bands but not others. Metallica still living off Enter Sandman, Arctics first album etc. 

This definitely isn't true. I'm sure they hardly even play anything off it anymore. AM was a massive album and made them the biggest they've ever been.

22 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Even their hits are absolute toilet. Terrible band and would be a dull af booking.

This definitely isn't true. I'm sure they hardly even play anything off it anymore. AM was a massive album and made them the biggest they've ever been.

Whenever I've been to see them, the first album songs always got the biggest cheers by far. People want to see them for I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor and When The Sun Goes Down, not Do I Wanna Know? Maybe the hardcore fans do, but not the casual. 

Can't agree AM made them bigger than WPSIATWIN, that album was huge and they had a couple of no.1 singles prior to its release. 

Edited by Chinaski_
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Only festival she'll probably ever do in her lifetime = not a dull booking.

V Fest? IOW? Could see her doing both. 

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

V Fest? IOW? Could see her doing both. 

It's widely reported she's shit scared of doing festivals and only did Glastonbury as she loves the festival itself.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It's widely reported she's shit scared of doing festivals and only did Glastonbury as she loves the festival itself.

I remember her saying years back that she couldn't perform in front of big crowds, yet still played the O2, Wembley, Glastonbury etc. 

46 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Most of the arguments against The Killers being booked in this thread are simply "I don't like them". That's not relevant at all.

53 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Radiohead

How did Thom react when you told him that during your chat? ;-)

Just now, Woffy said:

How did Thom react when you told him that during your chat? ;-)

Winked at me You know, the subject didn't come up.

52 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Maybe the hardcore fans do, but not the casual. 

I really doubt only the hardcore fans know the songs from a multi-platinum selling album with a top 10 hit, they did rest on the first two albums for ages but AM was massive.

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Winked at me You know, the subject didn't come up.

Haha!!! :-)

I love the Radiohead. 

I think I'm enjoying watching you twist the knife into Will's Tuesday comedown even more!

Thought you might bust out a '(Turds on) Spinning Plates' gag. 

They were awesome on Sunday but unless the new album bangs I don't think they will headline Glastonbury again. Battleborn didn't really seem to happen commercially in comparison to the other records and I think they'd be a slightly uninspiring choice. That said, they could easily make up a strong set as mentioned earlier in the thread.

I think there will be bands of a similar ilk that are slightly more up and coming/in their pomp/ 'bigger' when announcing the 2019 headliner comes around.

41 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Most of the arguments against The Killers being booked in this thread are simply "I don't like them". That's not relevant at all.

Meh it's my opinion on how it'd be as a booking. I think their hits are absolute toilet and consequently think it'd be a dull af booking. Looks like a lot of people in here feel similar.

34 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Radiohead

Now now play nicely.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Meh it's my opinion on how it'd be as a booking. I think their hits are absolute toilet and consequently think it'd be a dull af booking. Looks like a lot of people in here feel similar.

Now now play nicely.

Did your bodily functions disgrace you this year, William? Or did you manage ok? X

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Did your bodily functions disgrace you this year, William? Or did you manage ok? X

You obviously didn't see my post in the "fucked people" thread. Pretty sure I pissed all over the inside of my tent porch Sunday night after Justice and passed out in it. Absolutely hate my life.

Edit: I had a fucking fright Sunday morning, though. Woke up on the brink of shitting myself and had to quickly boot up and sprint to the toilets without even putting socks on. Very thankful I made it out in time as I had someone in my tent who would not have been impressed by what came out of me when I made it to the toilets.

Edited by Will-2609

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It wouldn't be a groundbreaking or particularly interesting booking, but how many pyramid headliners are? There's always at least 1 or 2 of those out of the 3. Loads of people would want to see them and that's clearly all that matters in terms of how Glasto go about booking headliners. They'd be a bigger booking than Radiohead and they're no less "relevant" than the Foo Fighters. I think if there was a Glastonbury in 2018 they'd be perfect.

Just now, Odessa said:

It wouldn't be a groundbreaking or particularly interesting booking, but how many pyramid headliners are? There's always at least 1 or 2 of those out of the 3. Loads of people would want to see them and that's clearly all that matters in terms of how Glasto go about booking headliners. They'd be a bigger booking than Radiohead and they're no less "relevant" than the Foo Fighters. I think if there was a Glastonbury in 2018 they'd be perfect.

I reckon they are less relevant than both. Radiohead have legendary status and massive critical acclaim that keeps them relevant to teenagers getting into alternative music, and Foos have this to some extent, too. I doubt you'll get many teenagers getting into alternative music and seeking out The Killers' discography. Sure they have a few hits you still annoyingly hear everywhere but I'd file them away alongside KoL as not being relevant enough to headline anymore. Others will disagree but I don't see it happening. I didn't even realise they had a new single out or a new album on the way until I read it in here earlier.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

keeps them relevant to teenagers getting into alternative music

precocious little shits should be listening to Whitney Houston instead

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

cough radiohead cough foo fighters

This.  

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

You obviously didn't see my post in the "fucked people" thread. Pretty sure I pissed all over the inside of my tent porch Sunday night after Justice and passed out in it. Absolutely hate my life.

Edit: I had a fucking fright Sunday morning, though. Woke up on the brink of shitting myself and had to quickly boot up and sprint to the toilets without even putting socks on. Very thankful I made it out in time as I had someone in my tent who would not have been impressed by what came out of me when I made it to the toilets.

I absolutely didn't. 

Fucking hell. I was hoping to congratulate you on no uncontrolled excretions this year.

But if nothing else, your candour is to be admired. I think.

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead have legendary status and massive critical acclaim that keeps them relevant to teenagers getting into alternative music

Meh, Radiohead are as entry level as it gets for alternative music.