Perfect Weather

KryziF

If we take Wednesday out of the equation then it was perfect. Little bit of drizzle here and there. The overnight rain sorted my hayfever out as it was unbearable on Friday.

The Wednesday changed my opinion on a lot of things. I'm going to do Worthy View for the first time at the next festival. The 3 hours in the blazing sun followed by the 2nd trip to the car. I lost 6/7 hours on the Wednesday through queuing and exhaustion. My other issue was people who brought kids on the Wednesday. A little look at the forecast would have stopped the people in front of me in the queue subject their child to that crazy heat. You have family camping, why not arrive when it is cooler?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Does anyone know if @FuzzyDunlop is alive? Might have burst into flames on Wednesday.

Granted Wednesday was too hot. I still have the prickly bubbly red heat rash on my arms but i would take that week over mud anyday. Once the temperatures dropped Wednesday evening it was fantastic. Maybe a little too nippy on Saturday night. Rain came at perfect times, in the mornings to let you have second sleeps and keep the dust down. Cracker. 

I am, I got pretty bad sunburn on wednesday, but bizarrely worse yesterday! After wednesday it was perfect weather IMO.

Ignoring Wednesday because I got there late, I thought the weather was ok, but not perfect. It was often too cold and windy for my liking - I was in tights and cardigan/jacket every day and often thought I could do with another layer. How people were parading around in tiny shorts and skimpy tops I don't know.

Still got burnt to a blister on Thurs/Fri.

We arrived between 4 and 5pm on Wednesday, so weren't subjected to long exposure to the heat (was still damn hot pitching tent).  It was made all the more bareable by there being no queue at bath and west (straight on a half full air conditioned bus), no queue at gate A (security were more concerned with spraying people with water than searching and just hurried us through past empty search tables) and the shortest of walks to Darble to set up.

Wednesday night was beautiful though, probably the prettiest night on the farm I've ever seen as the mist dropped on the site.  What little bit of drizzle we had in the mornings was nothing, I put a jacket on at one point, not for long mind.

4 hours ago, iamstreety said:

You have family camping, why not arrive when it is cooler?

I was in Cockmill and in the queue at 5.30am Wednesday to get a decent spot. Took us 4 hours.

Locals are allowed in earlier and take many of the decent spots.

It was spot on, wenesday was if anything to hot, but then it cooled down. and what little showers we did have simply laid the dust down. Nigh on perfect glastonbury weather utterly loved it.

Wednesday we all got so hot and bothered putting up our tents that when wed done we headed to the beat hotel just to get out of the sun....ended up spending the afternoon lying on the floor in their drinking(I fell asleep at one point as it was so bloody warm even out of the sun in there) and enjoying the reggae stuff they were playing at the time.

it was extremly scorchio!

Edited by waterfalls212434

Thank you to all those who packed wellies and waterproofs! (Although why the hell you chose to wear those wellies whilst you were there I just don't get) - The weather gods obviously approved and blessed us all.

Looking forward to seeing @The Nal review of the weather for this year, or is he already working on the apocalyptic forecast for 2019?

30 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Looking forward to seeing @The Nal review of the weather for this year, or is he already working on the apocalyptic forecast for 2019?

Accept it now. Theres never been two good ones in a row.

Top tip for post festival sunburn by the way. Do not slice hot birdseye chilis and then immedietely go upstairs and rub aftersun all over your face.

Only started going in 2011 and have been waiting for a dry one, was a completely different experience for me. 

Would just like to thank the fire brigade at the foot of the hill of death at gate C for Soaking me Wednesday afternoon. If they had not of done, I think it would of killed me. 

7 hours ago, Padgey said:

Got an unbelievable tan from the Wednesday, a couple of trips too and from the car and then setting up camp so couldn't quite escape the sun, I was a bit rouge by the time of the efest meet!

:bye: Hello you delightful chap! Was an absolute pleasure to meet you. I was rather drunk on my happy stumble home.  I hope the rest of the festival was brilliant and that being back home with your family has helped with the post Glastonbury blues x

10 hours ago, iamstreety said:

If we take Wednesday out of the equation then it was perfect. Little bit of drizzle here and there. The overnight rain sorted my hayfever out as it was unbearable on Friday.

The Wednesday changed my opinion on a lot of things. I'm going to do Worthy View for the first time at the next festival. The 3 hours in the blazing sun followed by the 2nd trip to the car. I lost 6/7 hours on the Wednesday through queuing and exhaustion. My other issue was people who brought kids on the Wednesday. A little look at the forecast would have stopped the people in front of me in the queue subject their child to that crazy heat. You have family camping, why not arrive when it is cooler?

I can't help but agree. There were so many small children at gate a really struggling and their parents unprepared for the sheer heat. As I had been on here and seen the worries about the extra long queues, our gang made sure we took pocket fans, an umbrella and froze 12 bottles of water - we gave most to the kids in queue near us (including my special brolly but thankfully we did find the family again and got it back)! If I do ever choose to take my little one, it has definitely been a lesson in how to prepare!

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Accept it now. Theres never been two good ones in a row.

Top tip for post festival sunburn by the way. Do not slice hot birdseye chilis and then immedietely go upstairs and rub aftersun all over your face.

:P

I hope your face is ok :heat:

10 hours ago, Miesh said:

:bye: Hello you delightful chap! Was an absolute pleasure to meet you. I was rather drunk on my happy stumble home.  I hope the rest of the festival was brilliant and that being back home with your family has helped with the post Glastonbury blues x

Hi @Miesh great to meet you too, really enjoyed the Efest meet and thanks for introducing me to lots of the other Efesters. Had a fantastic festival but suffering for it now, had to get home early on Monday to look after the little one which was bitter sweet.  Hope you too enjoyed the rest of your festival and managed to do the rest of the festival exactly how you pleased x