Perfect Weather

KryziF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rain gear. No boots.  I survived! Bit precarious at times with the light rain, but barely any mud to be seen!!

Really happy with the clouds, made it much easier to sleep in the late morning. 

Wednesday was a bit too hot this year for me. Admittedly it was partly because I had set up camp by 8am - the earliest I've ever managed.  Nowhere near enough shade with all the tent stages closed off. Really think something needs to be done to provide more shade in a similar weather forecast, especially before everything gets started.

Edited by fowls

Yeah. The best Glastonbury weather-wise I've experienced in the 5 years I've been going. Arrived early Thursday morning so avoided the queues and heatwave of wednesday and spent the entire weekend in trainers, t-shirt and shorts. Wellies remained in the car and didn't need a waterproof or anything more than a hoodie during the night. 

Would rate 5*

Exceptional weather. I actually enjoyed Wednesday. It was too hot, but for me it made it special. There was a guy by the cider bus dousing people with a hosepipe which was just heaven. It made me appreciate a nice cold drink from each bar even more too. Of course if it had stayed like that it would have been different but it didn't, it cooled down nicely and never rained when it mattered even though it barley did anyway. Perfect.

If it had been like wednesday every day it would have been perfect for me. During the weekend the temperatures we're way too low for my liking. Below 20 during summer is just wrong. Too much wind and clouds blocking the sun as well. But I realize british people think differently. It was fun hearing so many people praise the clouds :-) 

19 minutes ago, Anarion said:

If it had been like wednesday every day it would have been perfect for me. During the weekend the temperatures we're way too low for my liking. Below 20 during summer is just wrong. Too much wind and clouds blocking the sun as well. But I realize british people think differently. It was fun hearing so many people praise the clouds :-) 

How hot does it get in Norway in the Summer?!

It was far, far too hot earlier in the week. I arrived on Monday and it took me longer to walk from Gate A to the farm with my kit than it took me to get from Oxfordshire to Gate A by public transport! It's really not a long walk, and my kit wasn't heavy really, but the heat was horrible. 

When it started to cool down on Wednesday evening it was perfect!

Does anyone know if @FuzzyDunlop is alive? Might have burst into flames on Wednesday.

Granted Wednesday was too hot. I still have the prickly bubbly red heat rash on my arms but i would take that week over mud anyday. Once the temperatures dropped Wednesday evening it was fantastic. Maybe a little too nippy on Saturday night. Rain came at perfect times, in the mornings to let you have second sleeps and keep the dust down. Cracker. 

Yep, pretty much perfect. Wednesday was especially good for demonstrating to people why you don't want heat like that all weekend! I imagine had we had Thu-Sun weather for the whole festival there'd be a lot more people on this thread moaning about the lack of sun and "how bad can it be?"...