John Peel crowds

rzwodezwo

I watched the start of future islands and thought the sound was terrible, couldn't make out the vocals at all so left and went to the XX who were awesome, was one of the biggest clashes for me anyway. Not sure if it was where I was stood or if it was sorted out after I left but the first 2 songs sounded terrible.

2 hours ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

Incredible atmosphere for Future Islands. Seen them a few times before but that was special.

Also cudos to whoever brought the air mattress to the King Gizz gig! Ridiculous scenes

Great idea for crowdsurfing with, he was up there for ages. They were brilliant too great way to finish their tour

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Massive crowd for Dua Lipa too, most of which poured out after her set finished. She smashed it and the gig was great. Such a highlight!

Dua Lipa also an unexpected highlight for me too. My kids love her and wanted me to get a bit of film of her on my phone. I was on the barrier and when she stood on the barrier I found myself holding her up with one hand and inadvertently capturing a 1 minute recording looking straight up at her crotch and toned upper body. Can't really go back and show that to the kids, but have found myself watching it back a few times myself!

11 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Massive crowd for Dua Lipa too, most of which poured out after her set finished. She smashed it and the gig was great. Such a highlight!

Please tell me you both stayed and watched the Lemon Twigs after her! They were the highlight of my whole festival, I have never been so entertained by a band I hadn't heard of before.

Only went to the John Peel on the Sunday (Real Estate, King Gizzard, Frank Carter, The Killers and Goldfrapp) but the crowds were always top. Something about being all cramped together in there brings out a real sense of togetherness in people. King Gizzard's crowd especially was fantastic - so good to see so many people turn up and get in to it.

7 hours ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

Incredible atmosphere for Future Islands. Seen them a few times before but that was special.

Also cudos to whoever brought the air mattress to the King Gizz gig! Ridiculous scenes

I just posted an image of this on the What Made You Smile thread, total kudos: 

It had a great atmosphere last year, I remember John Grant being one of my highlights & the crowd were a major part of that.

can it be the new tent & location? I saw The Lemon Twigs, Future Islands, FJM,  Real Estate & King Gizz there which were all great sets & the crowds were superb

We had an amazing 4 1/2 hours at JP on the Sunday. King Gizzard played a blinder, then moving forward, not knowing what the crowd to a Frank Carter gig was going to be like, it was exhilarating and insane as the mosh circle and crowdsurfers just kept coming. Then The Killers for a massive singalong. I'm rarely in the JP but that was something special!

IMG_0361.JPG

Got to agree saw some of my favourite ever sets in there this weekend, the atmosphere for The Killers was of course amazing a true buzz in the air, I thought the roof was gunna blow off for Mr Brightside, Future Islands was also fantastic, crowd was loving it, FJM another great crowd

Yeah it was superb there this year. The good weather helped no doubt in that people where there for the bands, not just to get out the rain. Phoenix, Real Estate and King Gizz were the ones I saw in there, and they were all great. I much prefer this new(er) location.

Was only in it for a few but really liked it. Maggie Rogers, Dua Lipa and FJM. Apart from the 3 guys behind us during Dua Lipa shouting things like "marry me", "sit on my face", "shes so hot" every 5mins......

Edited by chrismcb

4 hours ago, chrismcb said:

Was only in it for a few but really liked it. Maggie Rogers, Dua Lipa and FJM. Apart from the 3 guys behind us during Dua Lipa shouting things like "marry me", "sit on my face", "shes so hot" every 5mins......

Another case of "where's Frank Carter when you need him".

I'm only there once or twice each year but really like the new location and thoroughly enjoyed Future Islands and Clean Bandit. Crowds were great for both acts, very lively, totally up for it with little or no dickish behavior. Everyone having a good time and looking out for each other. Minor annoyance, the bar needs to turn their tunes off when a band is playing.