DXPLXCXTY

Hey,

So basically I'm going to lowlands in the Netherlands alone, I'm just worried about a couple of things,

International bits; Passport, luggage/getting a tent through customs. 

Making friends; Basically I cannot speak a word of dutch, luckily I know english is basically a second language to them and previously being in netherlands I've never experienced an issue but at the same time I don't want to be a hinderence to anyone I meet, will this be an issue?

Camping: I actually have never camped at a festival so this will be a first, does anyone have any advice?

19YO ; Would like to be as cheap as possible, ordered my ticket but I haven't booked any form of travel as of yet, If anyone has any suggestions for cheapest travel including bringing a tent that'd be amazing; taking 400euros which should be enough to get insanely hammered. Any advice is super appreciated.

Edited by DXPLXCXTY

• 1 month later...

Dunno how much time you have for this, but i recommend setting up a loner camp if there is enough demand. We made a successful one for RW 2017, everything went very smooth (it's true that the werchter thread was one of the most popular and the demand was very high)

There are direct Intercity trains from Schiphol Airport to Lelystad every 20 minutes.  45 minute journey.  Normally €11,70 each way, but you can buy a weekend return for €19 before August 13th from the link above.  Then the free bus to the festival - just follow the crowds. 

Everyone speaks english.  Just say hi and introduce yourself.  And buy me a beer ;-)

If rain is predicted, be a bit selective about where you place your tent.  The camping area is surrounded by ditches, so never turns into a mudfest, but there are a few low spots.  Also, collect a few more of the free bin bags on the way in - handy for an extra tent covering or storing your dry stuff in your tent.

BUY YOU A BEER AM I MADE OF MONEY ;)

Haha, yeah I'm pretty damn excited, I actually got one of the Gllamcamp tents as it was cheaper than lugging it on the plane and stuff. 

Festipi actually I decided to go for a slightly more expensive pre pitched soloution, Got a spare bed, just in case of any 'guests' well, they make you buy 2 beds but shhhh

• 2 weeks later...