Headliners 2019

nban2010

Saw Elton at Bestival. He said it was his first festival appearance ever (no idea if true), and he seemed to love it. And he basically got the whole of Bestival there watching him, people were climbing up on to the roofs of the bars due to overcrowding. 

One thing I would say though, don't put Chic on before him. They stole the show that night. Made his set seem a bit flat at points. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does make me wonder the importance of the role that Mick Jagger's kids played in twisting his arm to get the Stones to play.

Sure Fearne Cotton and her hubby had a word in Rons ear as well. 

15 hours ago, battleborn said:

Ah come off it. There's a difference between pointing out that Justin Bieber - manufactured crap - is not worthy of the pyramid stage and being delusion enough to think my opinion matters at all to the Eavis's in organising the festival.

Biebers latest album is actually pretty good

49 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Fuck, if Taylor Swift is being seriously talked about to headline this thing, I don't see the issue with Bieber. 

For a start, Tay Tay spent years building up a substantial semi-credible following before she became a product of the pop machine. Even to this day she's still signed to an indie. Also she's a not a c**t.

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Jerry Lee Lewis, headline the Pyramid?  Legend slot possibly... Amazingly, he is still doing gigs.

Yeah gotta love those long-since-past-it rockstars with a penchant for marrying their 13 year olds cousins. Get him booked.

Edited by Zac Quinn

24 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah gotta love those long-since-past-it rockstars with a penchant for marrying their 13 year olds cousins. Get him booked.

The 13 year old cousin isn't an issue. Its the 5th wife he might have killed that you should be concerned with. 

jerry-lee-finger.jpg

One of the all time greats though. Right up there with the best. Shame he never played the farm.

Edited by The Nal

I don't think Depeche Mode are big enough to headline. They maybe were once big enough to headline but that was a long time ago.

They haven't had an album go Gold here since 2005 and nothing has got higher than 1 x Gold disc. Compare that to even someone like the XX who may be on the cusp and they've had a Platinum record. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I don't think Depeche Mode are big enough to headline. They maybe were once big enough to headline but that was a long time ago.

They haven't had an album go Gold here since 2005 and nothing has got higher than 1 x Gold disc. Compare that to even someone like the XX who may be on the cusp and they've had a Platinum record. 

Very true

U2 - in an attempt to improve on the "Average performance in 2011".

Killers - after the JP performance on Sunday would get a huge crowd.

Gaga/Taylor Swift

Steve Aoki - Other stage headliner, about time Glasto got cake.

Would like Queen to make an appearance but with Eavis being a dairy farmer and the "badger cull" issue I think it'll never happen.

What about Kraftwerk - would be mental on other stage, not sure they could do Pyramid anymore?

As for Legends slot "Barry Manalow".