Litter - so much better

danbailey80

Currently working on pyramid field and it's apparently not been as bad this year and we have a bigger crew clearing things up. Usually get the field cleared by 9-10am each day and then move elsewhere but there are a lot more crews working which is nice to see.

1 hour ago, lazzareo said:

Just walked through Silver Hayes and was amazed at how tidy it looked. Not a drop of litter in sight!

This'll be thanks to the litter crews who were beavering away at 6am as I walked through on my way out

That said, there wasn't a whole lot of mess before anyway

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The place was almost spotless as we were leaving. The best I've ever seen it looking on a Monday morning.

Was thinking the same this morning. We left Paines and passed Pennards and Big Ground and nowhere near the usual amount of crap left behind. No mud would help I'd imagine. Good to see all the same. 

No mud certainly helped this year. We were able to pick litter a lot easier on the dry mornings. Saturday morning when it was raining slightly wasn't enjoyable so a few off my team mentioned that last year when things were stuck in mud and they had no idea what they were stepping in that morale was certainly very low however its Glastonbury and they all still came back and signed up again. For myself joining in and working on the pyramid field I've seen some sights down the front of the barrier but it was very rewarding to be giving something back and getting to know the fantastic crew I worked with was worth it alone, the fact I got to enjoy Glastonbury and meet the Eavis' was a massive bonus. 

Im sure i seen Guy's flag every morning with the "old sons" on too!

what a week, what a place. I'm still travelling back to Newcastle 7 hours after shift but it's all made the experience.

Roll on 2019.

IMG_2446.PNG

Our litterpicking team (John Peel) was the same size as last year, but we usually had the John Peel area cleared a bit earlier as there was quite a bit less litter overall (although Sunday's crowds meant there was A LOT of mess left behind, but it was mostly cans and cups). The Beat Hotel was as grim as ever, with lots of NOS canisters, but what was really lovely was the almost total lack of litter left behind in The Wood - so nice to see people respecting that area.

Yes agree - it wasnt that we had more people it was that finally the tide seems to be turning and people are dropping less. The Pyramid field pick was incredibly easy this year - really light every day - even on Monday. 

The only place we struggled a bit was when we were sent to Love Bullets which is the new Beat Hotel in terms of litterpicking hatred.

There's one photo doing the rounds on Social media saying all us Glasto hippies are lazy scruffy shits as it shows the Pyramid field before the clean up early hours of Sunday. I've a clean photo I've been using trying to defend it. Maybe GFL needs to stand up and release a statement.

Loads of tents on the webcam this morning though