2017 - How was it for you?

Dave_c

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely fantastic and one of my best so far.

Wednesday was a bit too hot to do much and so we did feel a bit like we lost a day but made up for it after that.  The weather was great and so the site looked beautiful throughout the whole weekend.  Was so nice to be able to sit down and take it all in at regular intervals.

The quality of the lineup across the weekend was great.  Saw so many different types of acts to cater to the different tastes in our group.  It's always great to see acts so overwhelmed by the reception as well - The XX and Jamie Cullum in particular stand out as just being so happy to be there.  

Sure, some people were dicks and I had a couple of low points, but I would go back and do it all again this weekend if I could!

42 minutes ago, OBface said:

Out of interest what disappointed?

AP was one of my most anticipated but from where I was stood, after Come Down, the sound was absolutely terrible. Rather than sticking it out where I was, I decided to try a different spot and just couldn't find anywhere to settle. I gave up after a few songs.

Even during Come Down when the sound was great, I straight away could sense something was off and I just wasn't in the mood.

Not necessarily a reflection of the performance and partially my own fault. I went and sat in the Left Field and chilled out for Billy Bragg instead and had a fine time so it's all good ^_^

A very different paced festival due to knackered knees so needed to pace myself with lots of rest, but enjoyed it just the same especially as i saw a lot more different stuff rather than concentrating on the bands.

Wed: Coach arrived on site 10 minutes early and was setting up tent within 30 minutes. Had a good wander in the sun, had a massage in healing fields then in evening saw Z Star Delta at the Rumshack who were superb (thank you for whoever recommended them on the new band thread) then ended up drunk in Avalon

Thursday: Quite hazy, but definitely saw Michael Eavis singing Always on your mind backed by a Slade tribute band in Avalon Cafe and some great stuff in and around the Tipi area including Loop Pedal Ninja a brilliant solo guitarist from Japan. Also saw Z Star Delta again at Greenpeace.

Friday: Las Kellies,First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Nadine Shah, Alabama 3 then back to camp to rest knee, Caught about 30 minutes of Irration Steppas at the Blues and then arrived at the park for the last hour of Flaming Lips.Ended up in Green Futures until 3.00ish.

Saturday: Moonlandingz in the Park, was going to see Ingrid, but decided on another massage instead. Spent an hour in WH waiting for Toots, back at the Park for Songhoy Blues - My set of the weekend, almost trancelike. I then went along to see Steve Harley, but about five minutes before he was due on decided it wasn't going to be for me and legged it up to Truth Stage for the Dead Kennedys - good call - there was great atmosphere at the front among those of us of a certain age and than the added bonus of Toots and the Maytals.

Sunday: Legs now totally fucked, so a very, very quiet day. Sat around to Real Estate and  King Gizzard at John Peel then saw Oumou Sangare. Had a lovely final evening, wondered up to the stone circle for the first time this year at about 9.30 to see the final sunset then spent my final few hours chatting away to various people in the green fields until limping back to camp at about 01.30 

Edited by tjamest

Just now, Andeeroo said:

AP was one of my most anticipated but from where I was stood, after Come Down, the sound was absolutely terrible. Rather than sticking it out where I was, I decided to try a different spot and just couldn't find anywhere to settle. I gave up after a few songs.

Even during Come Down when the sound was great, I straight away could sense something was off and I just wasn't in the mood.

Not necessarily a reflection of the performance and partially my own fault. I went and sat in the Left Field and chilled out for Billy Bragg instead and had a fine time so it's all good ^_^

Aye I hear you. I suffered similar problems during Justice. Glad you rescued your night.  

Absolutely brilliant, done 2015, 2016 but 2017 was the best by a mile, first of all the weather helped lots so nice just to sit down in the grass and wear trainers, some incredible set especially Katy Perry and Killers which was crazy to see, also the likes of Future Islands, Lorde, FJM and BBK, some ace food, amazing views and with the company of the best people, honestly the best place in the world, wanna do it all over again