Disabled facilities - criteria to use them

brixesmith

Hi all, after a hiatus of some years I've started having some chats with friends about returning to Glastonbury in 2019. However, since I last went in 2010 I've developed MS which means I can't walk for longer than about 10 minutes at a time. I still work and manage to do most stuff - i don't qualify for a blue badge or any benefits - but had thought Glastonbury was now off-limits to me because I'm just not capable of the walking involved. I think even the distance from the car park to the site would be too far for me.

Ive read about the disabled facilities - the shuttle bus, short cuts etc - and these would make it possible for me to attend, however, what are the criteria you have to meet to access these? 

Thanks for all advice!

17 hours ago, brixesmith said:

Hi all, after a hiatus of some years I've started having some chats with friends about returning to Glastonbury in 2019. However, since I last went in 2010 I've developed MS which means I can't walk for longer than about 10 minutes at a time. I still work and manage to do most stuff - i don't qualify for a blue badge or any benefits - but had thought Glastonbury was now off-limits to me because I'm just not capable of the walking involved. I think even the distance from the car park to the site would be too far for me.

Ive read about the disabled facilities - the shuttle bus, short cuts etc - and these would make it possible for me to attend, however, what are the criteria you have to meet to access these? 

Thanks for all advice!

All the information is on GFL website http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/deaf-and-disabled-info/:)

34 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Yeah, I've looked at that but it doesn't actually say what you have to do to prove you have a disability, if anything. I don't have a blue badge or anything because according to the government I'm not disabled enough, just wondering whether I'm disabled enough to get assistance from GFL

My Mrs has got fibromyalgia and we never bothered before. But this year she had a knee op 4 days before.

So I emailed and they said fair enough. Had none of the stuff they asked for. Initially they asked for a letter from hospital but I filled in the form and told them I'd send the letter but had the stuff before I sent it out.

Cracking it was to be fair. Well worth it if you've got mobility problems.

• 2 weeks later...

You just need letter from your dr. You more than qualify. They judge every case differently.  I have severe arthritis that's been really bad lately and letter from my rheumatologist was enough. 

Edited by Movmctov

As long as you have a letter from doc or something that proves your right to us spring ground your sorted 

When you arrive depending on when you want to get in to the festival you will park in the disabled car park then you queue up in the morning to get banded..... Then you can either walk in or catch the coach that will take you and your carer and all your gear to spring ground .... Any one else camping with you will have to use gate A........ 

Anything else you need there is a cabin office that will sort that out.. During the festival you can use the shuttle bus service to get around the festival.. You will have a code for toilets and there are short cuts around the festival so you can miss the crush.. 

I think that's about it.. Hope this helps. G

• 3 weeks later...