The Jacksons

Bosslar

I was there for the Avalanches and The Jacksons. Stood to the right of the Avalanches (Road side) and the sound was very poor and quiet, a quick check of those beautiful flags made the issue clear. I walked around to the left side for second half of their set and had a belting time. Did that straight away for The Jacksons and stood just front half of the stage, the sound was loud and thought they were superb, bar the first song where Im sure Jermaines vocal was turned down on can you feel it! Same for Justice and no wind so it was thumbingt!! Cant believe after 13 Glastos I've only just figured that out.... old dogs new tricks. 

We started in the middle halfway up the field and yep truly terrible, in fact when we spoke at a mild volume then the music would be totally drowned out. Lot's of people chanting "Can you hear it"! which was the only entertaining part. Actually at that point of the day it wasn't that windy in that average sized field either.

Up there in my top 10 worst sounding gigs ever and I've been to a lot. Shame, could have been a great moment for the Jackos and future sales etc.

Wish I'd gone to the Foos instead and I can't stand them!

Count me in the 'at the front having a blast' team. Mind I was with a group of friends that would have had a blast if it was a CD playing from a boom box.

Met this middle aged Irish lady on her own who joined us and was having the time of her life too! She ended up coming for a rave in Arcadia taking photos every 5 mins so her friends would believe her the next day!

Edited by Tommy101

6 hours ago, Cooter said:

We started in the middle halfway up the field and yep truly terrible, in fact when we spoke at a mild volume then the music would be totally drowned out. Lot's of people chanting "Can you hear it"! which was the only entertaining part. Actually at that point of the day it wasn't that windy in that average sized field either.

Up there in my top 10 worst sounding gigs ever and I've been to a lot. Shame, could have been a great moment for the Jackos and future sales etc.

Wish I'd gone to the Foos instead and I can't stand them!

haha! This was us. We started off in the middle just behind the sound desk and couldn't hear a thing. After that we went around the side and got near the front and could hear it perfectly. They were one I was most looking forward to and the opening sound really ruined it for me. I hope it wasn't like that for the other bands on WH across the weekend, I didn't go there before The Jacksons and purposely didn't afterwards because of the poor sound.

I thought The Jacksons were brilliant (I'm not a huge fan) but the sound at West Holts was appalling for them. Was on left side between LOUD stall & soundstage - kept moving around as people yakking was actually drowning out the sound. Went right to the back of the field on the left (near Ghandis Flip Flop) for the last number and sound was better there - v. odd

Also went to west holts on Sunday to see Shaggy & sound was shockingly bad - tried a number of different areas to little avail. Gave up, left and went to a ( non-existent, as it turned out) gig in the Bimble inn instead - not a happy bunny.