P!ss!ng on the farm

morph100

The issue is that a steward is a volunteer and probably has no power other than to ask someone to stop.

If Security decided to get out of their land rovers, they presumably could grab a few offenders and deposit them the other side of the fence with their pants round their ankles.

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

ME, at his Speaker's Forum slot, said they intend to make this an eviction issue in future years and that they've already made some evictions this year for this. 

This is fantastic news in my opinion. There is absolutley no need for it, even my 5 year old can hold her bladder for the maximum amount of time it takes to wait for a toilet (although granted that she isn't drinking much cider).

I saw a few land pissers, girls too and each time I booed them, said don't piss on the farm and said they were risking the end of the festival. Some people tried to argue back but I just kept speaking over them. I saw a man and woman both pissing on the ground by hoardings up in The Park last night. I challenged them and then told two more mature steward ladies. One of which went up and spoke to them. This behaviour is never going to stop but at least the Green Police were active in shaming people. We need them back!  

The public naming and shaming seems to work nicely - shouted at over a dozen, a few were shocked into stage fright, 2 I actually got to zip it up and walk over to the urinals - about 10 metres away from them. 

Was always more effective when with a mate and his Worthy Warrior high viz. 

Best BS coming back was a guy saying peeing on the land is no different than pissing in a long drop (to which he stood next to)... 

If they want to stop it, GF will need to start evicting people (giving all staff the support needed here and a smart of of doing it) and barring them for a year or so. 

They could help themselves by having more toilets and havingthem positioned better. For the size of the festival it really should have a lot more. 

Its a festival where there is heavy drinking, they fill up and have to go quickly. If they then have to walk fifteen mins to the nearest toilet they arent going to make it. 

You can put more emphasis on the featival goers but the festival has to take more responsibility in making toilets more accessable as well. 

The main stages especially could do with another set and the. Maybes have some more dotted between the areas. 

At the Foos, my friend saw a guy pissing on the ground. She told him off, and he responded extremely aggressively, shouting in her face and telling her to fuck off. The situation was only diffused because another friend stepped in between them and basically told her to leave it, as she wouldn't change the guy and it would just ruin her night.

22 hours ago, pjadnoo said:

For me, the bigger problem is rubbish. It was depressing to hear all the cheers when Jeremy Corbin discussed the environment, only for the field to later empty, and there being the usual piles of garbage scattered everywhere.

i feel like if one of the more charismatic big acts, Dave Grohl say, or even JC, had simply asked everyone to take a couple of pieces of rubbish away to the bins, things would've been a hell of a lot cleaner...

I was thinking about this issue. But I think you have to appreciate that is only a finite amount of bins and they are full to brim by the eve.

Im sure the organisers have come to the conclusion that having a litter clean up every morning and post fest is infact the most 'efficient' way to deal with the issue?