P!ss!ng on the farm

morph100

6 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Lots of it between other and silver hayes. Blokes pissing against the urinal hoarding rather than going inside

Was saying yesterday that Sikver Hayes seems to attract a really shitty crowd. The sort that cuts queues, pisses on the floor and wants to start a fight. Ahh, the Lovebox crowd...

No photos but I did go off on one at about 8 blokes pissing against the fence up by the railway track junction with The Other; got not support though from others in my queue. People seem to smile and accept it; ridiculous attitude. Seems that the message just doesn't register with lots. Even witnessed a bloke pissing in between recycle bins on the main path by WH. Women were also going behind the compost loos to take a piss. 

The foos were fuckin ace last night though :)

Edited by oneeye

Saw loads of shameless pissers as usual, doesn't get any better with each year. One bloke was pissing next to recycle bins in silver Hayes. Was so tempted to kick him in the arse but he looked like the sort who would turn around and stab ya.

The Foos were ace last night though :)

That's the problem. The kind of person who gives so tiny a shit might also be the kind of agro person who might turn around and twat you. More probably drunk and out of it but I doubt many challenges have been met with an apology and a relocation to the urinals. Most people just don't want that confrontation as part of their festival experience. 

I agree it's up to the stewards to challenge and more of us to support each other. I did see a steward challenge a guy who was pissing into a bin next to the entrance of SE corner last night but I didn't think that was so bad compared to the ground. Lesser of two evils. 

I was part of a team called the 'love the farm' stewards last year. We were employed to stop people urinating in areas that could affect the water table. They're there again this year (without me unfortunately) but they're only a small team and only deployed to areas near rivers. 

Last year, my team was managing the entrance to Silver Hayes on the Thursday night and it was an absolute nightmare. They'd managed to put the toilet sign on the opposite side of the entrance to the toilets. Some people were fine with being told not to go in the hedges but we had a few incidents of guys being abusive to female stewards. Judging by the reported crowd sizes, I imagine they've got their work cut out this year. 

6 minutes ago, idb said:

Saw a steward take a photo of someone pissing up a hedge. Asked him why he didn't tell him to stop and he said "it's ok he's not pissing into a stream that they test."

Ummmm... fundamental understanding about how it works right there. You'd have thought a little bit of training would be given on this stuff no?

1 hour ago, idb said:

Saw a steward take a photo of someone pissing up a hedge. Asked him why he didn't tell him to stop and he said "it's ok he's not pissing into a stream that they test."

Bloody hell, that's outrageous. Perhaps they work for Volkswagen?

The festival don't do much about it though, that's what is really pissing me off so far (pardon the pun). If you are gonna preach about not pissing on the land as if it's gonna get the festival shut down then fucking show up and encourage people not to do it!

its a joke, I've not seen one member of staff anywhere trying to stop it. 

People pissing is a problem, but doesn't seem as prevalent as it could be. Been a while, but I seem to recall it being fairly common at Roskilde which, while different, still has some commonalities in terms of overall ethos as Glasto.

For me, the bigger problem is rubbish. It was depressing to hear all the cheers when Jeremy Corbin discussed the environment, only for the field to later empty, and there being the usual piles of garbage scattered everywhere.

i feel like if one of the more charismatic big acts, Dave Grohl say, or even JC, had simply asked everyone to take a couple of pieces of rubbish away to the bins, things would've been a hell of a lot cleaner...

16 hours ago, kalifire said:

ME, at his Speaker's Forum slot, said they intend to make this an eviction issue in future years and that they've already made some evictions this year for this. 

It should 100% be an eviction issue, the amount of it going on this year was ridiculous. 

Even though this was one of my favorite years it was clear to see a lot of people say they love the festival, but they actually don't respect it 

Whilst it doesn't excuse it, there really needs to be a rethink with regards to the number of toilets. There were the same old problems at the back if the other stage field, but there seemed to be far more queues elsewhere such as the Park, Silver Hayes and even the ones near West Holts which I've never seen before.

I challenged a few people but just got abuse back