PUT SOME MORE TOILETS IN!

Anderson19

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toilets for women particularly bad. Don't know why men don't use urinals more? Sheepees which are normally excellent, were a disaster. They changed the design to something unusable so just used my own. From Wednesday they were saying they needed to get rid of all the disposable ones because of the fallow year (?) This succeeded because by Saturday/Sunday they were all shut even though Some could have use their own reusables. 

The issue isn't about whether there are loos hidden if you only knew. The issue is that, for example on the Other and West Holts - the obvious loos are soo pathetic (especially the urinals) that blokes are peeing everywhere.

Also, what is with filling the trough with cups & cans?! FFS.

1 hour ago, hfuhruhurr said:

The issue isn't about whether there are loos hidden if you only knew. The issue is that, for example on the Other and West Holts - the obvious loos are soo pathetic (especially the urinals) that blokes are peeing everywhere.

There is no doubt that Glastonbury is better than Reading and Download is all aspects of litter/pissing/etc.

However, as someone who has been going to all three for some time, the amount of cups and cans in the urinal this year were unbelievable.It was literally impossible to find a part of the urinal that someone hadn't dropped a can or litter in.

Bizarre, never seen it as bad as that.

Why this year? Why this festival?

How hard is it for more toilets in the campsites too? I know there's two rows in Bushy Ground but surely they can manage a third row? Toilet queues in the morning were really bad - for the amount of people in that field there's just not enough. There used to be another row near the Farm House on the way to silver hays but they've been replaced with 6 green long drops for some obscene reason.

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

How hard is it for more toilets in the campsites too? I know there's two rows in Bushy Ground but surely they can manage a third row? Toilet queues in the morning were really bad - for the amount of people in that field there's just not enough. There used to be another row near the Farm House on the way to silver hays but they've been replaced with 6 green long drops for some obscene reason.

Changed from compost to Long Drops at John Peel too, can only imagine due to the footfall and hence the frequency at which compost loos had to be emptied last year.

Edited by Dave_c

2 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I can never understand this! Why dispose of your cup/can in the urinal when there is a bin immediately outside the entrance? Even more bizarre is it was the same way out in the campsite toilets, again with bins surrounding the area!

Agree that blokes should not use long-drops when a urinal nearby.

Can't understand the mentality of dropping cans/cups in urinals.

Urinals behind Stonebridge and at Crow's Nest were leaking.

Still people pissing against fences etc, they said it was an eviction offence this year, wonder if anyone was.

Had the grim sight of a girl at The Park for Warpaint pulling down her shorts and peeing in the field (in the middle of the crowd). The sad follow up was that she then sat in what she had done to pull her shorts back up. Cue her walking off with damp shorts with all those behind in open-mouthed horror. She was about 20, on her own but did not look out of it.

On 25/06/2017 at 2:04 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Got to rubbish this. Unless you spend all your time away from the big areas.

Well, what I mean is I've never spent more than two minutes or so in a queue.  But then, yes, I do spend the vast majority of my time away from the biggest stages.

its all about planning....and knowing the best loos to use :P

Try and force a piss/dump out at your campsite loos on way back from a night out, you wont need one in the morning or for a good while at least then and the loos are almost empty then....I used this tactic and never once had to go again while the loos were busy in the morning,...problem solved!

NEVER EVER use the loos on the railway....seriously if there was a hell at the festival that would be it....just the smell alone should put you off.......thats what happens to a toilot block situated next to where thousands of pissed people are walking past on way/way back from a night out.

The loos just before you cross the road after silver hayes, walking to the beat hotel area? use them and go right to the end of the rows no access from the other end and most are to lazy to walk to the last row so they are almost always clean!

As others have saId dont whine about loos in the most populated areas on site being busy....common sense should tell you they would be....instead walk a little bit and go to ones in less populated fields.......if your that desperate for a wee/shite you cant do that maybe you should strengthen your pelvic muscles with some floor exercises up at healing fields?.....or failing that dont wait till your utterly on the verge of pissing before going for a piss! self control people! haha

Edited by waterfalls212434

On 6/26/2017 at 2:12 PM, Bristol Boy said:

Still people pissing against fences etc, they said it was an eviction offence this year, wonder if anyone was.

Didn't know this, would absolutely have grassed on the pissing I saw if I had known. Wouldn't feel proud of myself for ending somebody's weekend like, but when the effect is somebody who's a danger to the continuous existence of the festival being removed, it's a no-brainer.

Is the problem with the compost loos just the effort to change them over when filled? They are so much nicer. 

Camping in Darble and in the morning I ended up just walking to JP all the time as you had to wait so long for the compost loos, only about 12-15 and massive queues.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:50 PM, themuel said:

Pyramid you go up the back and over muddy lane 

Other you go over the railway track 

West Holts through to Avalon. 

It would be a weird thing to make up 

I'll just point out there's no toilets in Avalon.

Carry on. :)

(I suspect he really means the Cabaret field).

I always assumed the west holts loos were the ones in Cabaret. Where are the others? I didnt thtink the toilet situation was that bad this year although I was guilty of walking from the glade to maceos at peak time once just to go to the loo.

The Water Aid workers were working really hard during the day and they are just volunteers. The fest themselves are supposed to clean the toilets at night but they said they would sometimes arrive on shift to discover it hadnt been done.

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'll just point out there's no toilets in Avalon.

Carry on. :)

(I suspect he really means the Cabaret field).

Yeah that is what I mean, to the back right of WH. Always call that bit Avalon, and every time I walk through I'm surprised I'm not already there. 

The size of urinals this year seemed really small, especially those just outside WH field. Queued for 25 mins just for a stand up! As previously mentioned, a trip via cabaret instead did the trick.

Good to see crowds of gents taking scrotes to task when they were pissing on the land. 

On 26/06/2017 at 11:41 AM, Curlygirl said:

I personally think there should be shepees wherever there are male urinals! Fair enough not every lady will use them but a lot do! Make them smaller than the men's if need be but they really do need to consider it. 

I agree with this. Though I also agree that if you walk five minutes from most busy toilets you'll find quite ones. That said, at one point I was pretty desperate and the closest loos had a long queue so I said to my husband to keep walking to the next ones. The next ones we came across were compost loos, which always seem to have a queue. So I decided nipping into the male urinals with my 'whiz' was a better option that wetting myself. I didn't notice the reaction of the guys in there, but according to hubby, none of them gave me a second glance.

For any interested women, I find this http://www.whizproducts.co.uk/shop/ much easier to use than a shewee. I bought a shewee last year after dropping my whiz down the long drops and got on okay with it, but this year I used it a few times as I mislaid my whiz in the tent and twice managed to pee over myself. Never had an accident with the whiz. I think they're a must for festivals.

More toilets definitely needed in lower Bushy Ground camp. Last year we had the luxury of 10 long drops and a Urinal. This year only 8 long drops and no urinal. Not good. There are a lot of people in this lower part of the field. Queued all weekend, at all times of day.

Also what's with the Soap? Everywhere last year. Literally none this year except in Stone Circle.

Best loo's — Theatre Field.

10 hours ago, Badlands said:

The size of urinals this year seemed really small, especially those just outside WH field. Queued for 25 mins just for a stand up! 

Very much this

i noticed the size of some urinals being ridiculously small. Back of WH Aas mentioned was one and the one at the Park was tiny this year Only fit about 10 blokes. I started to Q and the Mrs was back from the drops before I got near em. Gave up and waited till I got to Strummerville. Thank God I wasn't dying to go. 

32 minutes ago, PG_ said:

More toilets definitely needed in lower Bushy Ground camp. Last year we had the luxury of 10 long drops and a Urinal. This year only 8 long drops and no urinal. Not good. There are a lot of people in this lower part of the field. Queued all weekend, at all times of day.

That really surprised me, as the addition of the compost loos and urinals at that end of Bushy, a couple of years ago, was a very welcome change.

It was a bit annoying when my friend got us into a backstage/secret bar one night, and I discovered a lovely set of barely used compost loos. I've decided these were the exact ones from Bushy, and the VIPs have stolen them.