PUT SOME MORE TOILETS IN!

Anderson19

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/06/2017 at 11:41 AM, Curlygirl said:

I personally think there should be shepees wherever there are male urinals! Fair enough not every lady will use them but a lot do! Make them smaller than the men's if need be but they really do need to consider it. 

All the urinals are unisex - there's nothing 'Male' about them (other than in practise). Get a non-disposable sheepee off Amazon!

On 6/26/2017 at 11:38 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

The issue isn't about whether there are loos hidden if you only knew. The issue is that, for example on the Other and West Holts - the obvious loos are soo pathetic (especially the urinals) that blokes are peeing everywhere.

Also, what is with filling the trough with cups & cans?! FFS.

Seems annoying as some are absolutely full of them. Maybe some people cant hold it so pee in a cup/can/bottle then queue up to chuck it in the urinal. Better than pissing on the land still i suppose, but not the best solution. 

my campaign is to make better use of the current urinals ... put some troughs around the outsides just like pop up toilets in some towns and cities and make the troughs on the inside use all of the walls so you don't get the lazy pissers that go to the toilet and then piss on the blue tarpaulins ... anyone know why this doesn't seem possible as it seems to get raised every year ? this would double capacity at some of the main stage urinals !!

On 28/06/2017 at 6:47 PM, ThomThomDrum said:

Very much this

i noticed the size of some urinals being ridiculously small. Back of WH Aas mentioned was one and the one at the Park was tiny this year Only fit about 10 blokes. I started to Q and the Mrs was back from the drops before I got near em. Gave up and waited till I got to Strummerville. Thank God I wasn't dying to go. 

The urinals in shangri la are also tiny (across the way from rocket lounge), room for about 8 blokes in there 

44 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

my campaign is to make better use of the current urinals ... put some troughs around the outsides just like pop up toilets in some towns and cities and make the troughs on the inside use all of the walls so you don't get the lazy pissers that go to the toilet and then piss on the blue tarpaulins ... anyone know why this doesn't seem possible as it seems to get raised every year ? this would double capacity at some of the main stage urinals !!

I went to a festival in Holland that had urinals on trees dotted about the place so there was no excuse for peeing all over them. Was ridiculous around the toilets at back of pyramid during Royal Blood especially, even women were going in the trees but the queues werent particularly bad. Wish the green police were still about to loudly point them out to everyone

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I went to a festival in Holland that had urinals on trees dotted about the place so there was no excuse for peeing all over them. Was ridiculous around the toilets at back of pyramid during Royal Blood especially, even women were going in the trees but the queues werent particularly bad. Wish the green police were still about to loudly point them out to everyone

I've been to a lot of bike racing in Holland and and the place was full of the tree urinals... I know the numbers were half like 100k but all the ladies loos were attended all day with wet wipes given to you on the way out .. not isolated to get in Holland either it happened in Germany too.. shame we are a little behind over here for the toilet issue

6 hours ago, UEF said:

All the urinals are unisex - there's nothing 'Male' about them (other than in practise). Get a non-disposable sheepee off Amazon!

I have a shewee already and I'm quite the expert at using it but being a women and being used to sitting down to wee, it takes quite a bit of concentration to wee standing up. I really wouldn't feel comfortable standing alongside menfolk chatting with each other! A bloke started chatting to me once in the longdrops whilst using it and the wee just would not happen haha! Now if they had partitions, that would be different. But then a lot of women that use shewees have to pull their pants down past their bottoms to correctly 'place' said shewee. That would be an interesting sight ;)

7 hours ago, UEF said:

Not once have I seen or been told that urinals are unisex! Gutted. I would have used them for sure :( spent too many hours queuing for a pee. I have a shepee. Really annoyed if they are.

2 hours ago, Krazypinkminx said:

Not once have I seen or been told that urinals are unisex! Gutted. I would have used them for sure :( spent too many hours queuing for a pee. I have a shepee. Really annoyed if they are.

Well it just says 'Urinals', there's no 'Male' or picture of a stick person without a skirt or whatever :D

Just put more bloody urinals in - it can't be that difficult. Not big enough in many places (Cabaret / SEC / Park). 

And while they are doing it, lower them down a bit. I often can't reach and I'm not a shorty by any means.

Oh, and another thing, what makes anyone want to throw a can / cup in there? Why would you? Grrrrrrr.

As an aside, they seem to have gotten rid of the urinals at the acoustic, which I always found a little odd. The way that they were setup meant you were visible from the chest up while taking a leak. I always found it incredibly disconcerting, having the potential of eye contact with a random while holding the crown jewels. Good riddance!

i would quite like to see Glastonbury follow Boomtown in the sense of they have ONLY compost toilets littered everywhere around the site with very little queueing at any time of the day. Granted they only let around a third of the people in to the festival but when you scale up the size of the site it would absolutely be an option for Glastonbury if the costs could be kept down. Having more compost loos around the farm would definitely benefit everyone and I am sure we can all agree that the stench is much worse at the longdrops! :bad:

The urinals didn't seem to have anyone monitoring or cleaning them, they were a mess everywhere as far as I could see. Would it be crazy to have toilet attendants stationed at each location, keeping them clean, emptying them of cups and cans and looking out for broken urinals leaking piss all over the land?

There was one occasion at the toilets up towards Greenpeace, where a toilet attendant was zipping in and out of the long drops wherever possible keeping them clean. It really made a difference.