Lorde

wilko8

Been rinsing the record recently (I didn't listen much prior to Glasto as knew I wouldn't make her set) and holy shit! Can't remember the last time I've listened to a record and thought, yeah, these opening seven songs are outrageous. The whole composition is irresistibly good. Think I'm gonna have to part with some ££ and get down to the Brighton gig, if it is not sold out by the end of this month. What a record!

On 7/10/2017 at 3:12 PM, jyoung said:

Been rinsing the record recently (I didn't listen much prior to Glasto as knew I wouldn't make her set) and holy shit! Can't remember the last time I've listened to a record and thought, yeah, these opening seven songs are outrageous. The whole composition is irresistibly good. Think I'm gonna have to part with some ££ and get down to the Brighton gig, if it is not sold out by the end of this month. What a record!

Opening 7? Mate, Writer in the Dark-->Supercut-->Perfect Places (allow me to ignore Liability 2 in the middle) is the best run on the album, and three of the best 4 songs there (4th one being Liability).

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Can we all agree The Louvre is fucking massive? Better than Green Light. Yeah, I said it.

Songs from best to worst:

Liability 
Writer in the Dark 
Supercut 
Perfect Places 
Melodrama 
Sober
Green Light
The Louvre 
Hard Feelings 
Homemade Dynamite

Not counting Liability 2.

Edited by yaniv297

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Can we all agree The Louvre is fucking massive? Better than Green Light. Yeah, I said it.

Defo my fave track on the album. Although I feel like my fave changes each time I listen to the album. Can't wait to see what she does on the tour. Presuming the glass box is just for the festivals as she's not doing the big venues, more medium ones.

17 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Opening 7? 

If I'm being completely honest, I get to the eighth track just as I arrive at work from my commute every day. So the the final few tracks have had considerably less air time, so to speak. I'm interested by your list of best to worst though and will whack  the latter songs on tonight for a more indepth listening.

I love this album although it is concerning how much it gets under my skin at times. She hits some bloody tough words in those lyrics, exceptional songwriting for someone so young. 

I'd say Supercut is my favourite as it stands. It's a shame she decided to take her box to Ally Pally of all venues in London.