Random hookups

Crazyfool01

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randomly got chatting to and spent from Kris Kristofferson all the way through to Radiohead leaning on the railings by the mixing desk with an Efestiveler called Radders I think he said. Nice guy.  

Quite a lot.

I think I ran into @noplacelikehome at The Smyths, just before I had to abort two songs in due to a full bladder, I only got her real name - that was you?

Must have bumped into @mr gumby at least twice.

@fatyeti24@H.M.V and I crossed paths with @Wellyboot and @lucyginger outside some stenching longdrops near Arcadia.

Had a nice chat with @Losing my hair before The Beatles on the Pyramid

@GETOFFAMYLAWN noticed me (between Letfield and W Holts?) and we had a chat about forum politics whilst his mate stood around patiently waiting.

Of course, @naughtygeorgie was at Charlie XCX. 

Then there was a weird meeting of loads of us from the NFR NFC thread in the T&C field after/during Mik Artistik, but we all had to leave, because didn't want to be late for the NFR NFC meet.  Too many there to mention, including @jeffie

And @Curlygirl in the cabaret.  I saw her walking past, but didn't have enough voice to shout, so I told @fatyeti24, who told @H.M.V, who then instructed @fatyeti24 to go and grab her!

Errr, I've sure I've missed a few.  Apologies to anyone I missed out, it's because you're the most beautiful of all and that's what made me forget.  And that doesn't even mention the Camp Ralphers or the people I met at the actual meet (as per the thread title).  So when people ask me if I'm going down with mates, it's kind of a complicated question!

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Quite a lot.

I think I ran into @noplacelikehome at The Smyths, just before I had to abort two songs in due to a full bladder, I only got her real name - that was you?

@fatyeti24@H.M.V and I crossed paths with @Wellyboot and @lucyginger outside some stenching longdrops near Arcadia.

@GETOFFAMYLAWN noticed me (between Letfield and W Holts?) and we had a chat about forum politics whilst his mate stood around patiently waiting.

Then there was a weird meeting of loads of us from the NFR NFC thread in the T&C field after/during Mik Artistik, but we all had to leave, because didn't want to be late for the NFR NFC meet.  Too many there to mention, including @jeffie

And @Curlygirl in the cabaret.  I saw her walking past, but didn't have enough voice to shout, so I told @fatyeti24, who told @H.M.V, who then instructed @fatyeti24 to go and grab her!

Errr, I've sure I've missed a few.  Apologies to anyone I missed out, it's because you're the most beautiful of all and that's what made me forget.  And that doesn't even mention the Camp Ralphers or the people I met at the actual meet (as per the thread title).  So when people ask me if I'm going down with mates, it's kind of a complicated question!

That was a lovely by accident meeting. Same happened last year!! Can't remember which one of you gave me those glasses but I was forced to make every single person that passed me try them on. They're reactions were brilliant. I love how we bump into one another in a field of 200,000+ people!! 

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

That was a lovely by accident meeting. Same happened last year!! Can't remember which one of you gave me those glasses but I was forced to make every single person that passed me try them on. They're reactions were brilliant. I love how we bump into one another in a field of 200,000+ people!! 

That was me, handed out loads of them at Justice, I spent most of the set watching rainbow colours!

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

That was me, handed out loads of them at Justice, I spent most of the set watching rainbow colours!

What are they called? I may have to get a few hundred pairs! Even the guy who really didn't want to try them loved them. I think I was a bit persistent haha

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Rainbow/refraction glasses, something like that.

Were you down the left hand side about 20m forward of the £5 stall? I think you may have handed out a load to all of our group. We would have had an inflatable zebra up before hand most likely. 

If it wasn't you then there were a few people dishing them out.

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Were you down the left hand side about 20m forward of the £5 stall? I think you may have handed out a load to all of our group. We would have had an inflatable zebra up before hand most likely. 

If it wasn't you then there were a few people dishing them out.

Nope, "arse to the mixing desk" , gave a few out to the Camp Ralphers, but ran out and only passed around 1 or 2 to the general crowd.  Although I did see a pair travel about 20 feet away over a few songs by being passed from person to person!

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep that was me ... unless there were 2 people with Pyramid hats at the Killers ... u should have said hello ... although I realise there are plenty of limitations to be able to do that ... I love every second of the festival ... and wearing a pyramid hat just makes even more people smile at you ... anyway say hello in 2019 :) I'm fairly approachable despite my username 

I will! Hopefully you will have another useful distinguishing hat :)

Just now, Sasperella said:

I knew there was a lot of efesters at Blawan, and at that point in the night I was sufficiently *ahem* merry enough to want to go round asking everyone there if they were @bennyhana22 or any of the others that frequent the electronic music thread haha!

Oh, Sassy!

I was bloody there! Perfectly placed centre-stage, far enough back for the Genosys projections, once again, to blow my mind!

Unbelievable set, topped only by the #besttechnodjseti'veeverseen that was Jon Hopkins on Arcadia...

:)

Ben

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh, Sassy!

I was bloody there! Perfectly placed centre-stage, far enough back for the Genosys projections, once again, to blow my mind!

Unbelievable set, topped only by the #besttechnodjseti'veeverseen that was Jon Hopkins on Arcadia...

Ben

It was awesome wasn't it!?! Sounds like I wasn't too far away from you either! If only I'd made it to the efests meet up, maybe I would have found you in the crowd. Did you see Heidi? I wanted to go back to Genosys for that on Sat night but we ended up spending the night around the Beat Hotel and Silver Hayes. A highly entertaining and amusing evening, but a bit gutted that I missed her (all three times she bloody played!)

I missed Jon Hopkins :( Damnit! Can't remember what I was doing then...ambling about around The Glade ducking into whatever caught our fancy before Fatboy Slim maybe (a standard edition just because it's the only dance act that everyone in my crew is happy to go along to)

37 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It was awesome wasn't it!?! Sounds like I wasn't too far away from you either! If only I'd made it to the efests meet up, maybe I would have found you in the crowd. Did you see Heidi? I wanted to go back to Genosys for that on Sat night but we ended up spending the night around the Beat Hotel and Silver Hayes. A highly entertaining and amusing evening, but a bit gutted that I missed her (all three times she bloody played!)

I missed Jon Hopkins :( Damnit! Can't remember what I was doing then...ambling about around The Glade ducking into whatever caught our fancy before Fatboy Slim maybe (a standard edition just because it's the only dance act that everyone in my crew is happy to go along to)

I saw bloody everybody!

Heidi was fab - started techy and stayed enough on the techy side of Jackin' House to be super fun.

Steffi and Virginia were superb.

Oh, and Shed. Shed was mega after Blawan!

Ben

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Quite a lot.

You did meet me S2H and very nice it was to have a chat with you too - did wonder if I had frightened you off when I turned round after 2 songs and you had disappeared - Smyths were awesome.

Also met with the NFR crowd pre meet and stayed there so long I missed the actual meet, not sure how that works.

@crazyfool1 saw you at cassette boy in the glade but  didn't get chance to say hello

18 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

You did meet me S2H and very nice it was to have a chat with you too - did wonder if I had frightened you off when I turned round after 2 songs and you had disappeared - Smyths were awesome.

Also met with the NFR crowd pre meet and stayed there so long I missed the actual meet, not sure how that works.

@crazyfool1 saw you at cassette boy in the glade but  didn't get chance to say hello

Not at all, just my last couple of pints had started to work their way through my body and seeing the size of the crowd, I knew I'd have to go sooner rather than later.

Was pretty gutted really, had a good spot for a good band with good company, then had to give it all up.

I don't remember being at Cassetteboy, when was that, @crazyfool1?

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nope, "arse to the mixing desk" , gave a few out to the Camp Ralphers, but ran out and only passed around 1 or 2 to the general crowd.  Although I did see a pair travel about 20 feet away over a few songs by being passed from person to person!

I got to try @bennyhana22's for a couple of minutes before he demanded them back in fairly unequivocal terms :)

Just ordered a box of 50 to take to Benicassim :yahoo:

Not at all, just my last couple of pints had started to work their way through my body and seeing the size of the crowd, I knew I'd have to go sooner rather than later.

Was pretty gutted really, had a good spot for a good band with good company, then had to give it all up.

Don't think I said that ?  I Was there but don't think I ever said I saw you ... apart from in the distance at the efest meet ... but you were busy chatting 

Ah worked it out ... should read posts properly and not skim ... It was me that was spotted not @stuartbert two hats