Hurly burly breakfast tent

Popss

I remember being at the Shambala Festival for the first time, a fair few years ago. I was walking along with an also inebriated and drugged up friend, when we decided that we really must eat something. So, we popped into the nearest thing selling food to  us,  which happened to be The Hurly Burly Cafe. There wasn't much of a queue, so we soon got served and sat down to eat our food (which I now recall was a slice of cake each). So, we're eating and talking away quietly, but possibly maniacally too, to each other, and then suddenly all the staff start dancing to a certain record that was playing through their PA system. Their performance was magnificent. Every single one of them would appear to have enjoyed performing and giving those around them pleasure.

Now, let's fast forward a few years to when I queued up to get some food from them at Glastonbury. I didn't actually get food from them in the end that day. I can honestly say that the person serving me was the rudest person that I have ever encountered in such a situation. I was actually dismayed at the time, because I have never encountered that kind of a response in another human being before. I soon heard the words 'keep your food, we are not eating here' from my wife, and so we departed. I've not been back in to their 'establishment' since. 

I knew that the operation was for sale a few years back. I don't know if it got sold or not, but from my experience it would seem that they are not drawing staff from the same quarters as they were before. Then again, maybe my experience was down to a single person having a bad day, rather than be indicative of a decline in standards.

We had some wonderful food from there a couple of years ago (and my friend was very excited to hear that Noel Gallagher was somewhat of a regular there!)

Was sad to not find it this year.

• 2 weeks later...