Buying water - anywhere less expensive?

youcancallmeal

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy the larger bottles of Glastonbury water for £3? I found one food stand who did, but they sold out yesterday; the two supermarkets i went to were charging a shocking £4 and £4.50 respectively.

After a recent bout of ill health I am under strict instructions not to drink alcohol or eat spicy foods, so one of the few luxuries I can have this festival is decent water. The tap water does a job but not great to drink all day.

Definitely a first world problem, I know! But I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks and have a great festival.

I tended to avoid the tap water there, never like taste of it. Afraid bottled water prices a rip off at Glastonbury, no real option but to grit your teeth and pay. Not just a Glastonbury problem, prices are extortionate at many other festivals and large events. Don't even think of buying ANYTHING from one of those ice cream vans,there probably one of the biggest rip offs there.

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

The tap water is absolutely fine/ clean and fresh. Do we need to add more plastic rubbish? Sorry, I'm not being very helpful.

Seconded. I'm sure there are other ways of treating yourself that doesn't involve spunking away money and harming the environment for no real reason.

Just now, Roger1 said:

Not much help this year unfortunately but I bought a couple of the pocket sized squeezable fruit squashes. Dash of that in the tap water and your good to go. Makes about 20-30 bottles 

We are with this. 

We take them backpacking with us. A godsend 

Check out tat for tibet in the green futures field. They were selling bottled water yesterday, can't remember the prices, but I think it was less than being quoted here.

I'd also check the Divers Diner at the bottom of cockmill family camping.. haven't been up that way yet but they're usually cheaper than most for that kind of thing.

Thanks very much for all the tips :) Almost all of them are things I didn't know about and several will definitely be used. 

P.S. Some people only drink filter coffee and refuse to drink instant, whereas I don't mind it. Different people have different tastes and things that matter to them more. I could tell the filter-coffee-only-people that instant coffee is perfectly fine and they're wasting their money but what do you think they'd say? Now apply that to this thread.

16 hours ago, incident said:

Check out tat for tibet in the green futures field. They were selling bottled water yesterday, can't remember the prices, but I think it was less than being quoted here.

I'd also check the Divers Diner at the bottom of cockmill family camping.. haven't been up that way yet but they're usually cheaper than most for that kind of thing.

£1.50 a bottle