Travelling from Devon

LeeGalvin

I always go by 303.

Take the back road directions to Street and Glastonbury and if you get it right you pop out on the Pilton side of Glastonbury,  avoiding town centre hold ups.

But the, for the last few years I've done that on the Tuesday, like today, so don't know what Wednesday would be like 

We approached from the south two years ago and it was totally pain free, no queue and straight in to the blue car parks about 8 am on the Wednesday. Took a slightly different route as we're north of exeter. Up the m5 to Taunton , across to the 303 then up the a37. Doing the same tomorrow morning. Had the tent up and cider open by 9.30am last time, not sure it'll be so simple this time! 

I want to aim for the West car parks and come through gate D. So if I came up the A303, onto the A37, at some point I'd need to break off and drive through villages like Baltsonsborough (otherwise I'll end up on the wrong side of the festival). I'm assuming they never shut these back roads off? That'd be a ball ache.

3 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

I want to aim for the West car parks and come through gate D. So if I came up the A303, onto the A37, at some point I'd need to break off and drive through villages like Baltsonsborough (otherwise I'll end up on the wrong side of the festival). I'm assuming they never shut these back roads off? That'd be a ball ache.

Just do M5 to J23 then follow road to Glastonbury etc, brings you in on the West side

1.30 hour jam Eastbound on A361, been watching it on TomTom and it went from 45 mins at 7 to 1.30 hours in ten minutes.

North bound A37 holding steady at 30 mins, but that has longer lanes to take up the slack off the main road.

Good luck folks

Edited by manateemike
direction

Yeah, that's the route I normally do, so I'm tempted by "better the Devil you know", despite getting stuck after Street for 6 hours last year. At least I know the route, and as long as I can tune into Worthy FM it'll be fine! 

5 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Just do M5 to J23 then follow road to Glastonbury etc, brings you in on the West side

3 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

Yeah, that's the route I normally do, so I'm tempted by "better the Devil you know", despite getting stuck after Street for 6 hours last year. At least I know the route, and as long as I can tune into Worthy FM it'll be fine! 

We all got stuck for 6 hours on all routes last year :)

plenty of people already parked up on site (unlike this time last year); it'll be fine. The queuing will be at the gates; have a great time :)

Edited by oneeye