16:30 Tuesday Gate D punter q report

airwaves

Hi all

Currently waiting around 20 metres from the entrance to Gate D zigzag.

Arrived at Orange Gate entrance at around 15:45 and was allowed to turn in with no sticker. Put up standard car park sticker and was still allowed to proceed. 

3 lanes of car security. Some cars were being looked at very closely, saw some bonnets being opened! And guys on knees looking under back seats. However, for us, we were asked if had any glass or sharps, and the guy looked through window into back, and waved us on.

Maybe it's because we are both in our 60s, but we don't look it!

Parked in West 32 and it is mainly staff with orange stickers, but there are some other punters.

Slight change at Gate D in that there is a large staff compound to the left/east of gate D zigzag.

Small entrance tent at beginning of zigzag, same place as where they did the first bag checks at 10pm on the Tuesday last year. We are currently in the shade of that compound fence waiting to see when the quing starts.

There are also 4 large, car blocking concrete lumps just before the check tent.

Went up to Gate D itself and watched staff being processed. Security were pretty thorough in going through bags. Saw a couple of barrows with booze go through. No breaking open of boxes though.

So, waiting here, hoping that we don't get moved before the quing starts in earnest. 

Edited by airwaves
Extra info

1 minute ago, airwaves said:

Hi all

Arrived at Orange Gate entrance at around 15:45 and was allowed to turn in with no sticker. Put up standard car park sticker and was still allowed to proceed. 

3 lanes of car security. Some cars were being looked at very closely, saw some bonnets being opened! And guys on knees looking under back seats. However, for us, we were asked if had any glass or sharps, and the guy looked through window into back, and waved us on.

Parked in West 32 and it is mainly staff with orange stickers, but there are some other punters.

Slight change at Gate D in that there is a large staff compound to the left/east of gate D zigzag.

Small entrance tent at beginning of zigzag, same place as where they did the first bag checks at 10pm on the Tuesday last year. We are currently in the shade of that compound fence waiting to see when the quing starts.

Went up to Gate D itself and watched staff being processed. Security were pretty thorough in going through bags. Saw a couple of barrows with booze go through. No breaking open of boxes though.

So, waiting here, hoping that we don't get moved before the quing starts in earnest. 

No sign of a separate trolley queue then?

2 hours ago, airwaves said:

Hi all

Maybe it's because we are both in our 60s, but we don't look it!

There are also 4 large, car blocking concrete lumps just before the check tent.

Good to know you got into Orange fine, was that coming from shepton through or from Glastonbury west side?

Came through from Glastonbury side

We are retired so may as well wait here as at home. 

18:45 Quing has started inside the zigzag. They close searched the bags of the dozen of us in the queue and are now bag searching at the entrance to the zigzag. 

Security assure us that we won't be re-searched at the gate itself, but I'll believe that when I see it.

One guy looked very closely as someone's Bose radio unit. About 25x15x10 cm. The owner has had to take it back to the car!!

ott or what!

17 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Came through from Glastonbury side

We are retired so may as well wait here as at home. 

18:45 Quing has started inside the zigzag. They close searched the bags of the dozen of us in the queue and are now bag searching at the entrance to the zigzag. 

Security assure us that we won't be re-searched at the gate itself, but I'll believe that when I see it.

One guy looked very closely as someone's Bose radio unit. About 25x15x10 cm. The owner has had to take it back to the car!!

ott or what!

Lucky to get in orange coming from that side, did they try wave you in pink?

Tbf you have gone at a time when hardly anyone will be arriving. 

Edited by thewayiam

13 minutes ago, airwaves said:

I've got very adept over the years of not showing car park pass until the very last moment, usually after I've turned into the car park. Been using West orange since 2002

Can i ask how you do this? I'm solo so putting the pass on the window between them gates isn't the easiest but surely won't have an issue getting in there at half 2/3am.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Can i ask how you do this? I'm solo so putting the pass on the window between them gates isn't the easiest but surely won't have an issue getting in there at half 2/3am.

I usually just wave it, then stick it in place when I stop inside. But this year Mrs Airwaves with me for first time so she stuck it up when we were inside 

Just now, themuel said:

Is the zig zag full? 

Nothing like. 1st leg only full 

AND

they are not zigzagging this year. They are filling up each 'leg' one at a time all towards the far end side, where there is a close off barrier. So I can only assume they will feed each leg in in turn. Better, as it means you don't have to trudge all the way through the zigzag either to get in nor in the morning when we start moving in

8 minutes ago, airwaves said:

AND

they are not zigzagging this year. They are filling up each 'leg' one at a time all towards the far end side, where there is a close off barrier. So I can only assume they will feed each leg in in turn. Better, as it means you don't have to trudge all the way through the zigzag either to get in nor in the morning when we start moving in

Oh ok. That sounds good! We are due in about half hour. Think we will be in the ZZ? 

1 hour ago, airwaves said:

ott or what!

This worries me a bit as I have mine packed but as I'm getting a minibus I don't have the option to take it back to the car. Do we think they will confiscate all of these and I should leave it at home? It's similar to this.

Thoughts?

image.jpeg

Just now, DareToDibble said:

This worries me a bit as I have mine packed but as I'm getting a minibus I don't have the option to take it back to the car. Do we think they will confiscate all of these and I should leave it at home? It's similar to this.

Thoughts?

image.jpeg

Can't call it I'm afraid. Just cause I saw 1 security guard do it here, don't know if all others would do the same. Sorry 

Does seem extremely OTT to me though 

47 minutes ago, airwaves said:

I usually just wave it, then stick it in place when I stop inside. But this year Mrs Airwaves with me for first time so she stuck it up when we were inside 

That could be a plan. Wave it with non driving hand and stick when I'm inside. Cheers for help pal, have a great time.

40 minutes ago, airwaves said:

AND

This sounds better, presumably when you come back out to reenter the line is still going to be a different line to avoid queuing?, this is the best thing about glasto entry.