Gate C Status thread 2017

Franky

Got here about 1:30 - parked in 2 an hour earlier. They seem to be actively sending all cars up towards gate b, as we came through purple route to try get near campervans - didn't work, but the walk went smoothly.

At top of hill of death they're dog-legging people left through a security gazebo. About 6 tables set up for checks - doesn't seem enough to check everyone when busy. I'd multiple people's bags on my sack truck and guy going through it wasn't too interested - fairly friendly. He seemed tired and will be on shift til 12 tomorrow. The pat-down after was very brief.

we're towards the back of the zig-zag queue bit,think we're fairly close to gate still though - not sure how many more people could fit down here before we'd be backed up to the security gazebo (I've not stood up since getting here) - so not sure if / how they'll react later if people get backed up through the camper fields

59 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Got here about 1:30 - parked in 2 an hour earlier. They seem to be actively sending all cars up towards gate b, as we came through purple route to try get near campervans - didn't work, but the walk went smoothly.

At top of hill of death they're dog-legging people left through a security gazebo. About 6 tables set up for checks - doesn't seem enough to check everyone when busy. I'd multiple people's bags on my sack truck and guy going through it wasn't too interested - fairly friendly. He seemed tired and will be on shift til 12 tomorrow. The pat-down after was very brief.

we're towards the back of the zig-zag queue bit,think we're fairly close to gate still though - not sure how many more people could fit down here before we'd be backed up to the security gazebo (I've not stood up since getting here) - so not sure if / how they'll react later if people get backed up through the camper fields

Hi Pete, we arrived about 2:45.  Got in the queue about 25 minutes ago, just had a very friendly volunteer come by to explain the process to us, she told us they're still moving people through security, mate took a walk down and said holding pen looked really full, so no idea how long they'll keep moving people through but steward seemed to think it would be continuous. 

33 minutes ago, TomByTheThames said:

Hi Pete, we arrived about 2:45.  Got in the queue about 25 minutes ago, just had a very friendly volunteer come by to explain the process to us, she told us they're still moving people through security, mate took a walk down and said holding pen looked really full, so no idea how long they'll keep moving people through but steward seemed to think it would be continuous. 

So you're somewhere before the security bit? Hope it moves quick, like I said searches were fine earlier. Based on the one guys shift time assume all of them still there?

i can confirm that then hasn't been shuffled up or bunched since got here - so lots of chairs and people lying about- when everyone stands up we should bunch right up and hopefully moving ye forward

19 minutes ago, p.pete said:

So you're somewhere before the security bit? Hope it moves quick, like I said searches were fine earlier. Based on the one guys shift time assume all of them still there?

i can confirm that then hasn't been shuffled up or bunched since got here - so lots of chairs and people lying about- when everyone stands up we should bunch right up and hopefully moving ye forward

In the holding pen now. Still quite a bit of room behind us. Shocked at how easy and friendly security was considering what I've read on other threads 

Search update at C...

I wasn't even asked to take my bag of my back. 

I was asked 

"any weapons or any glass"

pretty simple questions to answer.

now in holding pen. 

Mrs had more of a  search but moment they found the different skittle vodka flavours they were fascinated. Very friendly bunch.

Ok, so it sounds like the queues may not be that bad after all (obviously they're big now but once gates are officially open) if they're checking as many people as they can now before gates open and opening the gate at 7am? Sounds like they're taking the weather to consideration and doing everything they can to avoid people being in a queue for serval hours once gates do open.

Looking back up the hill I can see they're still moving people through the security bit - they were unsure whether we'd be checked again in the morn but it'd be a huge blow for common sense if we are :)

not sure how well organised the bit behind me is, seems to get wider and wider further back to the security, not long!

So we've moved about 60m ish since 4.40am.  It's now 6.20am.  We can see the bag check.  There is still room on the other side.  Once people walk through they are walking off, I assume to join the back of the queue to the gate.  If they keep this rate the people behind us (and i assume thats a lot) will have a LONG time to wait.  At this rate the queue will still be here on Thursday.  I guess they may speed up once they become the bottleneck.  At the moment, with the gates closed, they are in less of a rush.

If you know the hill of death, since 9pm last night they have only security checked people from the bottom of the hill to the top.  That's not that many in 9 hours.  There is still room for more so this seems to be the rate.  Movement down at the gate though so looks like it's definitely going to open at 7am.

I hope they put more people in bag checks or increase the rate.  One Argos gazebo and three trestle tables doesn't seem enough.

Like I said, once the gate starts flowing they might have to start spot checking a bit more.  At the moment every person is having everything checked.