Gate B Status thread 2017

Franky

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Franky said:

I hope to be here for 0500, if I can get the right bloody route :) 

I'm coming through East - is there a specific way of routing myself to this gate? I thought it was pot luck where the car pakr attendants direct you through the car parks?

Just been in twice via Gate B. Normally use Gate D which is bigger. Today is a staff/ volunteer day so tomorrow will be different. 

A narrow gate only two search tables today. Bag check for everyone separate queue for this with No bag only. Everyone else in one queue. 

Everyone checked but looking for obvious hard objects only. Evetything else passed through OK. 

Take your time at the tables. I nearly lost some clothes. 

Security nice and friendly. More bag search desks will be added tomorrow. Checks only added 10 to 15 mins to our entry but will be longer queues tomorrow. We will only know tomorrow whether all bags continue to be checked. 

Have a great one. You will be here soon! Make sure you are prepped for queuing in the sun!

1 hour ago, Bathimp said:

Just been in twice via Gate B. Normally use Gate D which is bigger. Today is a staff/ volunteer day so tomorrow will be different. 

A narrow gate only two search tables today. Bag check for everyone separate queue for this with No bag only. Everyone else in one queue. 

Everyone checked but looking for obvious hard objects only. Evetything else passed through OK. 

Take your time at the tables. I nearly lost some clothes. 

Security nice and friendly. More bag search desks will be added tomorrow. Checks only added 10 to 15 mins to our entry but will be longer queues tomorrow. We will only know tomorrow whether all bags continue to be checked. 

Have a great one. You will be here soon! Make sure you are prepped for queuing in the sun!

Great info, thanks very much !

Apart from the lovely 10 / 15 people sat next to us, we're at the front of the queue at Gate B. 

Lots of people are walking down the staff channel and getting turned back and ending up behind us. 

Stay in the right hand channel if you're arriving tonight. 

Security / stewards have been REALLY informative from the off:

- we'll be searched through the night and they'll work their way up the queue. Good plan. 

- we're some way from the gate but will be moved forward towards the actual gate in blocks. 

- no car searches AT ALL. 

Woffy X

22 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Apart from the lovely 10 / 15 people sat next to us, we're at the front of the queue at Gate B. 

Lots of people are walking down the staff channel and getting turned back and ending up behind us. 

- we'll be searched through the night and they'll work their way up the queue. Good plan. 

- we're some way from the gate but will be moved forward towards the actual gate in blocks. 

Woffy X

How have you managed to get in so early, thought the car parks weren't supposed to open until 9pm?

Thanks for the update, the searching of people in the overnight queues makes alt of sense.

41 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

How have you managed to get in so early, thought the car parks weren't supposed to open until 9pm?

Thanks for the update, the searching of people in the overnight queues makes alt of sense.

39 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Searching the queues over night makes sense but how will they know whether you need to be searched when you reach the front of the queue?

Drove in. Didn't search the car. 

Because they told us. And I believe them. Him. He has nice hair and looks trustworthy. 

48 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Car parks opened at 9am this morning although this wasn't announced. My sister is working in car parks today 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Woffy X

Must have just walked passed you. Have a good night.