Gate A Status thread 2017

Franky

1 minute ago, fowls said:

Yep, where we are held there are 8 white tents - security search tents maybe? Guessing we're waiting for security to show up. The staff seem pretty certain it's soon to move but haven't given a definite time.

The bus queue is growing really fast now. But only 200m long or so.

When on this bus before it was the same times got in about 7am the gates opened about 7.30 and the line kept moving so we were in within half hour or so. Expect it to be longer this year because of the searches but still hopefully better then the other far more populated gates. Only downside is im on my own on the way up and will be for a fair while if mates get held up at gates d or b whatever they go through coming from up north this year...ah well looks like I'll be first to stake out a camp spot for us all at least! 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, kalifire said:

I arrived on a shuttle from the drop off and was directed to the big queue. Maybe coach people get their own. 

They do. There's a separate line going from the coach park. I think they converge just before the ticket gates where you get wristbands etc. Can get a bit messy there but preferable to waiting with a shedload of people all the way through.

4 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

They do. There's a separate line going from the coach park. I think they converge just before the ticket gates where you get wristbands etc. Can get a bit messy there but preferable to waiting with a shedload of people all the way through.

In previous years the shuttle crowd just joined the coach line. This year we were directed right to the back of a line that included those redirected from PGD, then those who wanted to camp on Pennards were redirected again, back to PGD. Once you're at a gate it's all very organised but directing people to the right place feels a bit chaotic. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

PGA is insane. They are already searching people but the queue stretches back for a very, very, very long way. It's going to take many hours to get through. If you can leave it until later, do so. 

How far back are you? Just passed through the containers (which you may have seen) at the end of the queue and passed round into the zig zag queue system if you are familiar with gate a. Got searched just before entering zig zags but wasn't the most thorough search tbh. 

Joined the queue at 2am into the zigzags just before 6am very slow moving but once gates opened hopefully in within the hour. 

1 minute ago, Anderson19 said:

How far back are you?

I was redirected to Gate D! I'm still not sure if that was a good thing or not. I got into a holding pen after light security much quicker than I would have done at Gate A but there's a lot of people between me and the Gate. 

Just now, kalifire said:

I was redirected to Gate D! I'm still not sure if that was a good thing or not. I got into a holding pen after light security much quicker than I would have done at Gate A but there's a lot of people between me and the Gate. 

Probabaly a better idea A is definitely moving slowly before the zig zag queue/holding area. Had a "full" bag search already everything of the wheels etc. But wasn't particularly through, hoping they won't search is again before the wristband queue. 

6 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Can't even see zig zag queue yet! By the pylon at the moment

Probabaly 90 minute from the big  pylon until you get to the zig zags.. because they are only slowly letting people into zigzags about 10-15 people at a time.. they are then being directed to a table and security guard per person to look through your bags. At the minute though still plenty of room in the zig zags not even half full. 

Edited by Anderson19

Our coach about an hour and and a half away. I'd expect to be waiting ages by then but then gates should be open as well by the time we arrive. Hopefully that'll speed the lines up as less reason to have to hold people in pens etc.

I don't mind the wait it was expected given the extra searches. I just hope to be in by 11ish at least as really don't want the hell of putting my tent up in the midday heat. 

Edited by waterfalls212434