• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My Dads side are all Romany Gypsy, nice to see people talking about Gypsies in such a derogatory tone...

Racism to gypsies seems to be the last socially accepted form of racism. In the not so distant future people will look back at society's treatment of them and be thoroughly ashamed.

I work on building sites so expect to hear it day to day, I didn't really expect to see it on a Glastonbury festival, the festival of the alleged liberal minded. Ought to be ashamed of yourselves. 

gypos, as a rule of thumb, are trouble. Everyone with half a brain knows that. I've got nothing against them as a group, just wouldn't want them turning up in my town and neither would anybody else. 

We recently had a group come through - 30k of damage nearby, noise, threatening behaviour, dodgy people knocking on doors trying distraction tactics.

Edited by Thunderstruck

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

The right turn from A37 onto A361 after Cannards Grave is closed wef 0001 this morning.

If you want to head West through Pilton village to approach Yellow/Orange first the only way will be to use the B3136 from Shepton (near Tescos...) to then turn right onto the A361 just East of Pilton itself.

@Diva Sam This seems different from your info?

Just kept my eye on the AA map and it all seems to have been fine so far. Whilst there has been slow moving and queuing traffic noted it all seems relatively adjacent to the site rather than on the approach. Fingers crossed that this remains the case and that everyone aiming for the car parks tonight can get in smoothly freeing up the road for tomorrows traffic.

I think 5 hours on the coach is my record so far, I'll definitely take that tomorrow.

2 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

It was a breeze getting here. Shepton was clear and no queue at all into Bath and West. Take care all, safe journey. 

Hi dude, which route did you come?, is a37 south into a361 okay?, or a diversion through shepton needed. 

Are you just in queue outside?

31 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Sorry, missed this. We came in down the A37 through Shepton Mallet. No queues at all. Staying at Bath and West Show ground. In the pub now. Bliss. 

Sounds good, I both love and hate this night.

Ah, that's the left turning instead of right at camnards grave roundabout way isn't it?

What are you doing about getting in?, presume you have to follow up the opposite A37 if you are camping east ot divert back into shepton and via that B road past tesco?

Yes, left at the last roundabout before the festival. We're staying at Bath and West. Just going to get the shuttle to Gate A in the Morning. I the Prestleigh Inn at the moment, a few festival goers hanging out waiting to head to the carpark. We're going to walk back in a bit and head in tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Yes, left at the last roundabout before the festival. We're staying at Bath and West. Just going to get the shuttle to Gate A in the Morning. I the Prestleigh Inn at the moment, a few festival goers hanging out waiting to head to the carpark. We're going to walk back in a bit and head in tomorrow. 

Sounds good man.