East camper field, who's waiting?

Ian Gunpowder

Woooop enjoy! We now can't come (to west cv) until much later as we want to camp with friends who have been told by their van rental place they can't pick it up until 4pm. We want to arrive together so it'll be a slow drive down from Yorkshire with some scenic stops en route! Do you mind updating us on how you find the searching? 

3 minutes ago, HannahandGary said:

I would love any updates from West if anyone is already there please - last few hours in work are dragging like crazy! Roll on 1pm when we can leave!

Hannah

Hannah someone has posted in the glasto chat west camper page that they're in too!

Blimey we're still at least 3 hours away !

What's the best route to East CV from the North? Had a nightmare queuing experience last year but hoping the fact that it's dry and we've set off a bit earlier will make it a lot better this time.

Edited by katiepougher

They're pretty clear once you get past security. Different stickers, many security dividing you based on the stickers. Traffic doesn't even stop, there is no conversation. Once in I was visually checked twice again. I'd say very unlikely you'll get into "family" without a family sticker.

Not that it is "family" in here. In 2018 they might as well say "close" and "far" camping.

Edited by EasyUserName

Not really. My children can walk! Better for the soul.

But for the purpose of this, "family" is to the left of Pylle Lane, "general" to the right.

It's possible to be closer to the gate in "general" than in family depending on which field you were in (& where on that field).

Edited by EasyUserName
spelling

17 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

They're pretty clear once you get past security. Different stickers, many security dividing you based on the stickers. Traffic doesn't even stop, there is no conversation. Once in I was visually checked twice again. I'd say very unlikely you'll get into "family" without a family sticker.

Not that it is "family" in here. In 2018 they might as well say "close" and "far" camping.

Image result for ocular pat down