possible ticket cancellation..

gooner1990

my dad has been taken into hospital this evening, he's been suffering from cancer for 6 years and its taken a turn for the worse tonight (kidney problems) going to see him tomorrow to see how bad it is. 

i'm just wondering, if i decide not to go to glastonbury would i be able to get a refund or anything back even if i didn't take the insurance or is that it? 

• Upvote 1

No refunds at all I'm afraid. Even the insurance would invent some kind of 'preexisting medical condition' crap that would mean they'd sidestep your refund anyways.

Sorry to hear that though dude, it's a horrible thing to go through. Go spend some time with him. Glastonbury can wait a day or two, or til next time. Your Dad is your Dad, though. 

• Upvote 1

i'm getting conflicing information from my gran and the nurses on the ward, so i will just try to see what's said tomorrow to see what i should do. 

i was due to drive me and two other mates down tomorrow afternoon to a hotel then onto the site weds am. so if i'm not going to go i need to let them make alternative plans. 

my gran has been ringing all the relatives fearing the worst and i think possibly that might be panicing everyone more than the reality is. 

yes, dad obviosuly comes before glastonbury! 

thanks for the support everyone. :)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

i'm getting conflicing information from my gran and the nurses on the ward, so i will just try to see what's said tomorrow to see what i should do. 

i was due to drive me and two other mates down tomorrow afternoon to a hotel then onto the site weds am. so if i'm not going to go i need to let them make alternative plans. 

my gran has been ringing all the relatives fearing the worst and i think possibly that might be panicing everyone more than the reality is. 

yes, dad obviosuly comes before glastonbury! 

thanks for the support everyone. :)

Ring the ward, ask to speak to the nurse in charge and find out what's happening-what investigations he's having, what the plan from the doctors is etc. 

I'm a nurse, if they're good they will gladly fill you in. 

Sending you much love 

2 minutes ago, bsolxiv said:

Ring the ward, ask to speak to the nurse in charge and find out what's happening-what investigations he's having, what the plan from the doctors is etc. 

I'm a nurse, if they're good they will gladly fill you in. 

Sending you much love 

can i do that at this time of night?

Yes definitely. Phone the ward, ask to speak to the nurse who is looking after your dad. Explain your concern / conflicting reports and I think it's reasonable to say you are due to go away and need some guidance regarding plans etc.  

The uncertainty is making all this worse for you and the nurses will be happy to help with that. 

I hope it goes as well as it can and you're able to go / your Dad is ok. 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

I'm a nurse too, they'll have bugger all to do at this time of night and will probably be glad for a decent natter! :lol: (admittedly mental health is a little different to medical wards) 

Yeah, I'm paediatric so it does quieten down at this time. Adult wards probably have 2 nurses for 40 patients though! All the serious incidents happen at this time. 

i just spoke to the nurse, she said he came in with kidney 'injurys' but has responded to the treatment well and is up and talking,  i told them to let him know i had called.

i swear the swealtering heat and sweatyness of my flat is making this feel worse.

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

i probalby shouldn't be sounding off to people on a music festival forum about this, but no one else to talk to about it. :(

Glad you are able to talk here though. We all understand 100% how conflicted you will be feeling! Hope your dad continues to improve. Sending you love! 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

i probalby shouldn't be sounding off to people on a music festival forum about this, but no one else to talk to about it. :(

Gooner sweet, we are the best people to sound off to. We are all beautiful people and understand what you are going through. I'm sorry your dad is so poorly and I wish him well, as others have said, you only get one dad but you're recent report suggests he will be ok while you're away. If so, go and enjoy the festival. If you fear anything happening anytime soon then spend all the time you can with him. You can only go off what the nurses tell you. I'd be inclined to call again tomorrow to see what the dr says. Good luck mate x

Edited by Curlygirl
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

No worries at all mate

Sometimes sounding off to strangers who wont judge, hopefully makes it easier, its good to talk.

I'd say fuck worrying about letting your mates down or losing your ticket money, cos in time neither will matter. Do whats right for you and your dad.

I hope he is ok, and you manage to go the festival though!

• Upvote 1

thanks everyone, it was just a bolt out of the blue at nearly 10pm and suddenly everything was up in the air. 

i'm still going to go and see him tomorrow (3 hour drive) and if i feel its ok i will go to the festival later than planned.  

dad loves live music, and his fave band are the foo fighters, he watches glastonbury every year on tv. :) 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

thanks everyone, it was just a bolt out of the blue at nearly 10pm and suddenly everything was up in the air. 

i'm still going to go and see him tomorrow (3 hour drive) and if i feel its ok i will go to the festival later than planned.  

dad loves live music, and his fave band are the foo fighters, he watches glastonbury every year on tv. :) 

Make your decision after you've spoken to the dr. Everything might be rosy. If not, we're still here for you. Love and hugs to you and your dad x

So sorry dude, that sucks.

Def go see him tomorrow and make a judgement call... you can always do a sober festival just in case you need to jump into the car to go to him.

Make sure you give a relative the telephone numbers of the people you're going with, so that if they can't get through to you they have other people to try. 

Hope everything works out. X

Edited by JoBalls