Please help me i'm not excited!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jne___

Just that, really!

I had been bursting with excitement since the end of April and May after getting tickets in the resale and now - nothing. Unfortunately I'm going through a bit of a stressful period and am finding it hard not to feel guilty about going to Glasto with so many other things I should be doing! I'm hating this as something i was so looking forward to was the excitement itself! 

Please help me feel excited!! :wacko:

1 minute ago, Jne___ said:

Just that, really!

I had been bursting with excitement since the end of April and May after getting tickets in the resale and now - nothing. Unfortunately I'm going through a bit of a stressful period and am finding it hard not to feel guilty about going to Glasto with so many other things I should be doing! I'm hating this as something i was so looking forward to was the excitement itself! 

Just remember the second you step onto worthy farm all your worries before hand will completely melt away and you'll be immersed in the wonder that is the festival. I hope you have a fabulous time!

11 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

Just that, really!

You work hard enough 51 weeks of the year to not have a week to yourself to ignore your worries and stresses for a little. Soon you'll be in a place where nearly 200,000 people are happy and intent on having a good time with good weather, good entertainment, good food, good drink and most importantly good people.

I know what's it's like - I work a hugely stressful and busy job and balance commitments outside of work too. Everyone deserves a little bit of "me" time so make the most of it :)

I always have up and down emotions pre Glastonbury. I get excited, then not so bothered, then excited, nervous, excited, not so bothered etc. Thing is, once I leave my home and am on my way, I feel great. And then, when I am through the gates with my new Glastonbury wrist band on, I feel fucking great! You will too. Swear down.

21 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

thanks everyone! think tomorrow going to listen to only to glasto performances as i pack! good to know it happens to others - feels a bit like that first time you realise you aren't excited for Christmas!

Don't worry - I was super excited but equally unsure about my first year working here. I had Christmas come early first night on site. The moment my tent was up and accredition sorted out I couldn't wait to get on site. It didn't disappoint! Supreme first night and it hasn't actually kicked off yet. 

Just get here, the Farm will work it's magic all by itself.

5 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

Don't worry - I was super excited but equally unsure about my first year working here. I had Christmas come early first night on site. The moment my tent was up and accredition sorted out I couldn't wait to get on site. It didn't disappoint! Supreme first night and it hasn't actually kicked off yet. 

Just get here, the Farm will work it's magic all by itself.

Thanks! This is my third time and I've adored it always that's why I'm so surprised my excitement has just gone !

I went for first time last year I'm in my 50s I've done a lot in my life holidays concerts sports stuff . Can honestly say it's one of the top things I've ever done in my life . I wish I'd done it years ago . The excitement stayed with me for weeks . And it got me through the shite of work and usual life stresses . Once u get there all the crap will fade away