Second hand ticket - photo?

GlastoDespo

4 minutes ago, GlastoDespo said:

Hi - is it worth trying to get in with a ticket that a friend no longer wants if you don't look that alike? Is the focus more on stopping touts or are they that strict on photographs? 

Hiya, I'm part of the security team and really think you'll struggle to get in on someone else's ticket this year. The guys checking tickets are given detailed instruction into what to look for, and this year everything is even tighter than usual. The ticketing system does help to stop touts, but the registration process also acts as additional security too, so be prepared for a grilling if you do attempt it and get caught. If they are in any doubt the ticket checkers will need to see additional ID.

Also it's worth remembering that your friend may well risk being taken of the ticket register if she gets caught out passing on her ticket to you.

Having said all that, you still might get lucky and get in if you think it's worth the gamble.    

1 minute ago, Moon moth said:

Hiya, I'm part of the security team and really think you'll struggle to get in on someone else's ticket this year. The guys checking tickets are given detailed instruction into what to look for, and this year everything is even tighter than usual. The ticketing system does help to stop touts, but the registration process also acts as additional security too, so be prepared for a grilling if you do attempt it and get caught. If they are in any doubt the ticket checkers will need to see additional ID.

Also it's worth remembering that your friend may well risk being taken of the ticket register if she gets caught out passing on her ticket to you.

Having said all that, you still might get lucky and get in if you think it's worth the gamble.    

Being taken off the register is not much of a problem - re-register at a different address with a slightly different name - Jim Smith versus James Smith - and a new photo.

8 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Honestly just do it already. Everyone above saying slim to no chance doesn't have a fuckin' Scooby what will happen if you try. You may well get a ticket checker who doesn't give a hoot.

You know for sure what will happen if you don't try though.

This is what I needed to hear!!

Think of it this way, if you were volunteering to help with ticket scans and that (for your free ticket or because you couldn't get one) and some blagger turns up with a ticket that clearly wasn't theirs would you be that arsed? I know I wouldn't, give it a go. The hard bit is bothering to get down there you'll be able to find a way in.

Not putting a dampener on this but..

Surely the biggest risk to safety at the festival this year is a someone with bad intentions offering bucket loads of money for a ticket and getting in?? So i cant see it being possible this year.

All these security checks and they let ppl in who dont even look like the person on the ticket?? seems unlikely! but good luck :)

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Think of it this way, if you were volunteering to help with ticket scans and that (for your free ticket or because you couldn't get one) and some blagger turns up with a ticket that clearly wasn't theirs would you be that arsed? I know I wouldn't, give it a go.

You would be if you wanted to keep volunteering open as an option for you in future years.

If it makes you feel any better, last year my cousin (short blonde hair) brought a ticket under my old email with the picture of me and my big brown beehive (like one of the beatles) - straight in and not a problem on re-entry :ph34r:

11 hours ago, GlastoDespo said:

Hi - is it worth trying to get in with a ticket that a friend no longer wants if you don't look that alike? Is the focus more on stopping touts or are they that strict on photographs? 

My friend got away with in 2015, about 6 stone heavier than the bloke in the photo and also bearded as opposed to clean-shaven.