On site observations

Matt42

Hey guys! I've been on site most of today, I'm here and it's looking incredible :D

i'm trying to preserve data - but here are some tips / observations to those who want them.

they are serious about searches, any bags who are sealed or made hard to open will be ripped open. You will have your bag checked, they've checked all staff as well.

its boiling on site, very dusty.

other stage looks strange - maybe it's not finished yet

temple is massive, actually massive - they weren't lying when they said they were tripling it in size.

they aren't lying when they say you will be queuing longer this year. 

Crew are tanned and in a good place, been given the best shifts I could possibly ask for.

i think this is gonna be one of the best years. Really really good feeling in the air.

see you all Wednesday, we can't wait for you to come!

have an amazing one guys x

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hey guys! I've been on site most of today, I'm here and it's looking incredible :D

i'm trying to preserve data - but here are some tips / observations to those who want them.

they are serious about searches, any bags who are sealed or made hard to open will be ripped open. You will have your bag checked, they've checked all staff as well.

temple is massive, actually massive - they weren't lying when they said they were tripling it in size.

Crew are tanned and in a good place, been given the best shifts I could possibly ask for.

i think this is gonna be one of the best years. Really really good feeling in the air.

What sealed bags are they searching? Just luggage or foods and such?

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is this based on actual information other than the email they sent out and the fact they checked all staff? Any actual new facts or inside information?

Edited by Voucher Boy

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you know if they're opening crates? Bit extreme if they did but I usually tape up the sides because I've had the crate split on the walk there when it's been sat on the trolly. Don't want them ripping it open

3 minutes ago, Davet84 said:

id imagine if they are not see through crates then the top or the side will be opened so that the contents is visible just as in any box should or would be checked

maybe for about 5mins before realising that loose cans are falling out all over the place.

no chance they're opening up crates or food stuff on Wednesday as they'd be there all day.

9 minutes ago, Davet84 said:

id imagine if they are not see through crates then the top or the side will be opened so that the contents is visible just as in any box should or would be checked

That will be an absolute shitter if that's true and they don't have duct tape for them, people often carry a couple of slabs in hair arms

It would be stupid of them to open up crates, cans would be rolling around all across the entrances with no ways for people to carry them...

If they are clearly sealed and/or in the plastic they sometimes come in then there's not much point.

Hey guys I'm sorry I can't reply to stuff promptly 

dont think I saw Saxon market

lots of se corner is still being built / no one allowed in

About searches exact words I was told is that all bags, containers, sealed things should have their contents known or visible to security. If you have a bag that you're double locking and strapping up they will take it apart 

bare in mind this is only if you're taken to have your stuff searched - but then again there appears to be much more security than usual - even today with just staff on site there is a lot of security around.

it doesn't seem like they are looking for drugs though - I think their priority is to check for weapons or anything else

havent seen any dogs about but I guess they won't be in till wednesday.

i'm working on gate A Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning so if you see me say hi :)

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

i'm working on gate A Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning so if you see me say hi :)

Nice one Matt.

What time on wednesday? I'll be there on gates opening, If I see you I'll shout. And you obviously won't have a clue who I am but I'm going to do it anyway.