On site observations

Matt42

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, richroet said:

I found the walk between stages to be incredibly quick at times - the trouble is most people are sheep and all go in the same direction instead of going a slightly different route.

We left the Other stage after Rag n Bone man, cut through the gully and wandered toward the Pyramid with plenty of time to spare for Barry Gibb, expected it to take much longer. Most people shuffled in the same direction past the Solstice Bar and it was crawling

Ahh yes, the shufflers. As bad as the slow walking instagramers and those who stop at every single piece of tat and glitter. 

Took a few detours also to avoid congestion, found the app kinda useful at times. This year was my first back since 2010 so mind was hazy with some of the routes. Opened app on the phone for a quick reminder.

Edited by chrismcb

I think the crowd issues were mostly due to the placing of bands on stages and the lineup.

For example Katy Perry would have been far better between Chic and Ed with Biffy subbing the Foo Fighters and the National in the KP spot. There seemed to be a big crowd shift between Chic and the Killers on JP that made it very uncomfortable when you crossed paths leaving the respective bands.

Sounded like Sande was royally screwed over with a poorly sized crowd before BBK on the other.

3 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Ahh yes, the shufflers. As bad as the slow walking instagramers and those who stop at every single piece of tat and glitter. 

The worse ones for me are the people who think the best place to stop for a chat with a group of people is on a naturally busy path rather than moving to one side or off the path all together. Almost every time we got to the cross roads at West Holts there was chaos at least partly caused by big groups chatting away as people struggled to get past them.

16 minutes ago, richroet said:

The worse ones for me are the people who think the best place to stop for a chat with a group of people is on a naturally busy path rather than moving to one side or off the path all together. Almost every time we got to the cross roads at West Holts there was chaos at least partly caused by big groups chatting away as people struggled to get past them.

The stoppers and pointers are worse than stoppers and chatters, taking eyes out of everyone over 6ft tall.