On site observations

Matt42

3 hours ago, evannn said:

@Matt42 how thorough are said personal searches? I'm certainly not the type of person who would smuggle any contraband in, but hypothetically is there any chance that one's wallet would be turned inside out in search of naughty things? Will be heading your way tomorrow afternoon, so see you then!

if your stash is in your wallet when you go though security you deserve to get it found ;)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, fur_q said:

if your stash is in your wallet when you go though security you deserve to get it found ;)

Well I've been to festivals with more and less security than a typical Glastonbury, but I know that there's "increased" security this year, whatever that means. Never had my wallet searched before, do you know anyone who has?

10 minutes ago, evannn said:

Well I've been to festivals with more and less security than a typical Glastonbury, but I know that there's "increased" security this year, whatever that means. Never had my wallet searched before, do you know anyone who has?

I'm not sure, never had a wallet searched at Glastonbury but it depends if security want to try and find drugs or not but I would assume many of them are more used to working clubs and i almost always have my wallet checked going into clubs in London these days. 

21 minutes ago, evannn said:

We were at gate A overnight queue last year, my son had his wallet searched, guy looked behind the cards, etc.  I was searched by the guy next to him, who basically squeezed my bag from the outside and let me through.

14 minutes ago, fur_q said:

I'm not sure, never had a wallet searched at Glastonbury but it depends if security want to try and find drugs or not but I would assume many of them are more used to working clubs and i almost always have my wallet checked going into clubs in London these days. 

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

We were at gate A overnight queue last year, my son had his wallet searched, guy looked behind the cards, etc.  I was searched by the guy next to him, who basically squeezed my bag from the outside and let me through.

Ok, thanks for the heads up

8 hours ago, evannn said:

Wallet or pocket and you can have no complaints if you're caught really!

4 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Has anyone had a wander round? Interested to hear if one of the secrets is an area/installation. 

Cloud9 have put a post up this morning. They do indeed have a stage in saxon market. No info on lineup but its only open between 00:00-3:00am.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have they also re-arranged the layout of the Avalon field?

They've maybe done it so as to re-position things up there.

No, it's 'fairly' similar to last year, think the book shop may be in the park now, but bar and cafe seem similar to last year

4 hours ago, watsonjm said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the food stalls that were by the other stage have been replaced by a fence....... nothing else. 

Not hiding a stage for 'unexpected' guests on the other side of it is it? 

4 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

Cloud9 have put a post up this morning. They do indeed have a stage in saxon market. No info on lineup but its only open between 00:00-3:00am.

Is this linked to the above?