On site observations

Matt42

54 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

On every van going into the crew campsite (Doesn't mean that will necessarily happen to all regular CVs)

The crew campsite,is inside the fence?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hey guys I'm sorry I can't reply to stuff promptly 

dont think I saw Saxon market

lots of se corner is still being built / no one allowed in

About searches exact words I was told is that all bags, containers, sealed things should have their contents known or visible to security. If you have a bag that you're double locking and strapping up they will take it apart 

bare in mind this is only if you're taken to have your stuff searched - but then again there appears to be much more security than usual - even today with just staff on site there is a lot of security around.

it doesn't seem like they are looking for drugs though - I think their priority is to check for weapons or anything else

havent seen any dogs about but I guess they won't be in till wednesday.

i'm working on gate A Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning so if you see me say hi :)

So of course you'll be waving e-festers through? :D

wear a name badge ha ha 

8 minutes ago, Lala1978 said:

@Matt42 do you know if mosquitos are a problem this year? They never usually are but my fella got ravaged by them in our garden the other night so wondering whether to bring repellent or not?

My dad has packed two lots of insect repellent this year, never taken anything like the before, so was wondering if there is a mosquito problem this year

9 minutes ago, Lala1978 said:

@Matt42 do you know if mosquitos are a problem this year? They never usually are but my fella got ravaged by them in our garden the other night so wondering whether to bring repellent or not?

A friend has been at Oxfam since Saturday. First thing she sent us was "bring insect repellent, we are being eaten alive"

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hey guys I'm sorry I can't reply to stuff promptly 

dont think I saw Saxon market

lots of se corner is still being built / no one allowed in

About searches exact words I was told is that all bags, containers, sealed things should have their contents known or visible to security. If you have a bag that you're double locking and strapping up they will take it apart 

bare in mind this is only if you're taken to have your stuff searched - but then again there appears to be much more security than usual - even today with just staff on site there is a lot of security around.

it doesn't seem like they are looking for drugs though - I think their priority is to check for weapons or anything else

havent seen any dogs about but I guess they won't be in till wednesday.

i'm working on gate A Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning so if you see me say hi :)

I'll be on the 3pm Wednesday coach from London o2, I'll save a few cans for your help on here!

42 minutes ago, payneruk said:

By what? Mozzies come from standing stagnant water.

Been in since sunday. Haven't seen any mozzies but the midgies come out as the suns going down. No bites but they're pretty numerous. 

Oh and there is, at last, a Glasto transport system. (A tractor with two buggies out the back to ferry people from staff car parks into site. Saved a lot of trekking !) 

Hi guys

weve had a real lazy day just lounging around on site. It's fucking seriously hot and a lot of crew are sunburnt.

been laid on the ground and having to constantly flick bugs off me but it's not that bad

currently sat in the JP. Crew have kindly let us shelter here for a bit as there's literally no shelter on site

asked them cheekily who the special guest is on the Sunday is and none of them knew. They did bring up that they were aware the killers are rumoured though - but I believe them when they say they don't know. (Did overhear a stage manager looking guy saying to someone "last time they played here the tent was rammed" but that could be about anyone).

lots of anticipation for tomorrow! I'l be on gate a checking your tickets from 13:45-22:00 :) (same on Thursday)

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hi guys

weve had a real lazy day just lounging around on site. It's fucking seriously hot and a lot of crew are sunburnt.

been laid on the ground and having to constantly flick bugs off me but it's not that bad

currently sat in the JP. Crew have kindly let us shelter here for a bit as there's literally no shelter on site

asked them cheekily who the special guest is on the Sunday is and none of them knew. They did bring up that they were aware the killers are rumoured though - but I believe them when they say they don't know.

lots of anticipation for tomorrow! I'l be on gate a checking your tickets from 13:45-22:00 :) (same on Thursday)

Cheers for the updates Matt! However much I'd like to see you to say thank you, I sure as f*ck hope I'm well through by 1.45....

22 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Permaculture garden has suitable ponds, it rarely lasts into the festival though due to sheer number of people for them to hit

Visions of what kind of experience mosquitoes are going to have drinking the blood of the average festival goer. 

@Matt42 how thorough are said personal searches? I'm certainly not the type of person who would smuggle any contraband in, but hypothetically is there any chance that one's wallet would be turned inside out in search of naughty things? Will be heading your way tomorrow afternoon, so see you then!

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hi guys

asked them cheekily who the special guest is on the Sunday is and none of them knew. They did bring up that they were aware the killers are rumoured though - but I believe them when they say they don't know. (Did overhear a stage manager looking guy saying to someone "last time they played here the tent was rammed" but that could be about anyone).

Might see you tomorrow then!