On site observations

Matt42

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Davet84 said:

not going to be every person every crate, but the people who are searched it will be every crate, and logic would suggest tape will be provided.

And people were questioning why I'm taking duct tape :D Can't go to a festival without it. 

Logic dictates that all staff being searched is a trial run for the main gates to give searchers practise and to help improve the efficiency of the searches. To physically check every bag on the way in means 10s of 1000's of people stood stationary in record breaking temperatures for hours on end.

The number of people being searched will be dramatically more than previous years but they can't stop everyone without there being a huge potential disaster in terms of people suffering from heat exhaustion and dehydration. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

52 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Will they be opening my multipack of wotsits???!!! 

I wouldn't risk it if I were you- someone on the coach tried getting in today with a multipack of Wotsits- I filmed the entire incident once the security guard got on the coach:

40 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

are pegs still going in though? I did buy some spares from pound land but they're plastic so I would imagine they are not going to go in..

You will be better off with a mallet. I needed mine. At least one heavy thing I lugged here has been useful already....

56 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

are pegs still going in though? I did buy some spares from pound land but they're plastic so I would imagine they are not going to go in..

Think you will have a problem with plastic pegs.  No chance with those potato ones  as well.  

Important update

crew are having to be researched every time they enter the site 

security shouted at us that we will have our wristbands cut off if we refuse

just had to deal the rudest security guard ever

i told him all I had was 4 ciders in a bag and he said "doesn't matter" put me in the queue with people who haven't even arrived yet!

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Important update

i told him all I had was 4 ciders in a bag and he said "doesn't matter" put me in the queue with people who haven't even arrived yet!

seems like the security have arrived and feel the need to keep busy .... sure that will change with the numbers still to arrive !!

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Important update

You left the site for four ciders?

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hey guys I'm sorry I can't reply to stuff promptly 

dont think I saw Saxon market

lots of se corner is still being built / no one allowed in

About searches exact words I was told is that all bags, containers, sealed things should have their contents known or visible to security. If you have a bag that you're double locking and strapping up they will take it apart 

bare in mind this is only if you're taken to have your stuff searched - but then again there appears to be much more security than usual - even today with just staff on site there is a lot of security around.

it doesn't seem like they are looking for drugs though - I think their priority is to check for weapons or anything else

havent seen any dogs about but I guess they won't be in till wednesday.

i'm working on gate A Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday morning so if you see me say hi :)

do you choose who to search or what ? 

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Important update

What cider was it? Dickins? ;)

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

seems like the security have arrived and feel the need to keep busy .... sure that will change with the numbers still to arrive !!

I would take their number for their rudeness. I am fine with the searching if that is what they have been told to do but they need to be reminded of some people skills otherwise there will be queues of pissed off punters