Arriving near gate d

DJEarlyGray

Hi im driving to Glasto for the first time from Bath. Aiming to leave 4am weds. I want to park near gfate D so I thino I have to arrive from the West. So im thinking of driving to Wells and cutting through the country lanes, possibly arriving onto a361 from Lower Westholme. Ca you arrive through these lanes or should i go all the way down to Glastonbury Town?

Both the Wells and Glastonbury routes will see you parked in West carparks.  Note though there is no guaranteed way to get a particular car park.  Current thinking is that using the Wells/Lower Westholme Road way (which will be signposted to use) is more likely to put you in Pink (and the subsequent longer walk to Gate D...) particularly after 0600 Weds when the junction onto the A361 will be closed preventing you getting to the other West carparks.

It's also not guaranteed that using the A361 from Glastonbury will also avoid Pink as you need to pass 2 entrances to Pink before hitting the entrance to Orange, which will be a much shorter walk to Gate D.

On balance I think I would use the A361 from Glastonbury route as it gives you a better, but not guaranteed, chance of getting into Orange.