HOLIDAY CANCELED 2 DAYS BEFORE!!!

dreadwing

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're in a no win situation, so tell her you're going as planned and she can sort her own mess out....

If she quits a job she doesn't like - it'll be your fault.

If she doesn't go to Glasto and you do - it'll be your fault.

If you go on Wednesday, I'll bet you a pint she won't bother going on Friday and - it'll be your fault.

If you go and she doesn't - it'll be your fault forever, and you'll be reminded every fucking argument about holidays (like I am over U2-360 in Canada).

I also bet she goes on the hen-party (perhaps she hasn't got enough cash for both?)

18 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

She has told me they canceled it last Tuesday. she just forgot to tell me. which actually is still to short notice right?

This will teach me to read the whole thread.

No, that is sufficient notice; she's booked 4 working days off and they've given her 5 working days notice.

That doesn't mean however that they are not complete shits. 

33 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

perhaps she did and I just didn't listen, I am a man after all... and she is a woman.

Maybe dude. Feel like you'd definitely hear her tell you that Glastonbury might be a no-go. 

Either way, hope you guys sort it and have a great time 

Edited by Danny_H22

27 minutes ago, The Pumpkin King said:

I would 100% leave that job.

Work should never get in the way and there are plenty of jobs out there. Working in an environment where they clamp down on holiday and cancel last-minute when you've made an agreement is a total non-starter for me. 

I'd quit at the drop of a hat.

It's not that easy though if you have responsibilities. Mortgage, kids, credit card debt.

However, it appears this girl is no older than 13 years from what we've heard of about her attitude so your point stands.

I know people are joking and getting in the silly festival spirit but please try and be sensitive. This is someones life! 

There is another thread where someone has experienced a break up and the poster is clearly upset. I booked my first Glastonbury on the back of a break up on a long term relationship and even months later when it came around it felt raw. 

Be nice people! It's an emotional place at the best of times!

2 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I know people are joking and getting in the silly festival spirit but please try and be sensitive. This is someones life! 

There is another thread where someone has experienced a break up and the poster is clearly upset. I booked my first Glastonbury on the back of a break up on a long term relationship and even months later when it came around it felt raw. 

Thanks, have an upvote, I understand some people are going to be more helpful than others. however this is a weird situation, I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas, but i'm more angry than Theresa may

1 minute ago, dreadwing said:

Thanks, have an upvote, I understand some people are going to be more helpful than others. however this is a weird situation, I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas, but i'm more angry than Theresa may

Well they can consider themselves told off now! 

No matter what happens go and enjoy yourself. I find wandering around and the balance of crazy partying and chilled out solo wanderings gives me real clarity. Another poster said the other day it is like life dialysis - I definitely agree with this

28 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

It sounds like an abusive relationship. You're apologising for her mistakes. Not good dude.

I have to agree. Sorry, but from the little insight you have given us as to her behaviour/ attitude I think you need to have some belief in yourself and not let her walk over you in the future. She messed up, only her, nothing to do with you.

36 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Well said! It's not dreadwings fault whatever has happened. 

10 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I have to agree. Sorry, but from the little insight you have given us as to her behaviour/ attitude I think you need to have some belief in yourself and not let her walk over you in the future. She messed up, only her, nothing to do with you.

But that's jumping to conclusions, ok so it's weird she forgot to say anything since Tuesday, but we don't know she forgot to book leave. Dreadwing is just defending his girlfriend that's all

Edited by verrymerry

Just now, eastynh said:

Does she really wanna go? Sounds a little dodgy this. 

I can't get the holidays off but you go as planned would have alarm bells ringing for me. Sounds like the start of a story that could end up with lie detector tests on Jeremy Kyle.

Of course she wants to go. We have been together the last 3 years and we both love it.

Does not ring alarm bells to me but you can your own conclusions.

1 hour ago, johntrfc said:

Im betting on... She wants to break up with him but cant work out how to do it, so this situation regarding the time off work will allow for a massive argument and resulting break up

Brutal!

I thought the security thread was peak entertainment on here but this thread is turning into a great little murder mystery. 

She may just want you to look after her, get camp set up and ready for her to breeze in with no queueing in the forecast heat on wed.

I hope you both get sorted and have a fab festival whatever time you manage to spend together there.