dreadwing

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, dreadwing said:

She has told me they canceled it last Tuesday. she just forgot to tell me. which actually is still to short notice right?

She forgot to tell you! This story gets stranger the longer it's going on.

Just now, somecoolusername said:

She forgot to tell you that her leave for the festival she paid almost £250 for had been cancelled?

someone here is lying 

perhaps last Tuesday they came and said we need to cancel your holiday. maybe she was stressed and was trying to fight it over the week and then this morning they came and said not happening.

Just now, The Nal said:

The plot thickens. So she knew about this 6 days ago and only told you today?

1242.gif

Don't then, i just came on here for some friendly advice, not to be doubted.

as said previously perhaps she was trying to fight it last week and they turned around this morning and out right said no.

4 minutes ago, dreadwing said:

perhaps last Tuesday they came and said we need to cancel your holiday. maybe she was stressed and was trying to fight it over the week and then this morning they came and said not happening.

In which case she's definitely told a lie one way or the other because she said she'd forgot about it till today.

No reason not to tell you unless she genuinely just forgot which seems mental.

2 minutes ago, Danny_H22 said:

Interested to see where this goes. 

I'll be really shocked if they told her a week ago and she forgot to tell you until today- two days before the start of the festival. I understand that she might have been trying to fight it in the interim but why wouldn't she tell you?

because she might of actually won the fight and no one would of needed to know.

Two outcomes.

1) She takes the holiday because it was booked & approved and if they do/say anything HR law is on her side.

2) She forgot to book it and now can't get the time off - tough-shit go without her, it's her problem.

I know all about the second - I forgot to book time off for a U-360 gig - The wife went without me...

Edited by Penrhos

56 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Don't believe it is legal.

An employer can cancel an employee's period of annual leave if it gives the required notice. Under reg.15 of the Working Time Regulations 1998. An employer can require an employee not to take annual leave on particular days by giving the employee notice of at least the same length as the period of leave to be cancelled.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/booking-time-off

Was about to post the same, Fuzzy is spot on.

1 hour ago, dreadwing said:

My girlfriend has emailed me at work this morning to advise me that they have canceled her pre approved holiday from Wednesday to Monday.

Here's the jist:

I have not been advised of the reason as to why it has been canceled, (shes now not taking to me hahaha (cant win, i'll probably get in trouble if she reads this)). It's looking like jealousy to me.

she is now angry at me because i am trying to stick up and care for her.

i have advised to her to either hand in her notice or go to HR with a grievance complaint. last week she said she didn't like her job and wants something new, but has worked to hard to get where she is. the latter seems like the best option, but as of right now she wont do that.

She is now considering coming Friday night and leaving Sunday night. however she is trying to compensate by trying to get the Thursday and Friday off only.

I said i would come with her on which ever day she can, but have been told to go on the original time (with friends, Wednesday) and set up the tent.

it now looks like i will have to carry everything, original we ere meant to be going in two cars and split the luggage.

another added expense of trains.

I'm so angry, how can someone turn around and cancel a holiday request 2 days before. what if i had flights and hotel paid for!!!??? in fact she is going to Ibiza the weekend after for a hen do.. So they will more than likely cancel that.

i have asked my boss and he said it is actually between the manger and employee, however he wouldn't do that and asked me if i was in her position what would i do. I would of handed in my notice and not worked it. life is to short for work. 

what are your views, what would you do!

They will have to reimburse her the cost of the ticket and expenses? 

3 minutes ago, johntrfc said:

Im betting on... She wants to break up with him but cant work out how to do it, so this situation regarding the time off work will allow for a massive argument and resulting break up

If you are right, you owe me a pint.

Just now, Danny_H22 said:

Absolutely or she might not have and should have given you prior warning. Or at the very least asked for your advice 

perhaps she did and I just didn't listen, I am a man after all... and she is a woman.